AgrupaEjido increases its revenue in 2013/2014 campaign

Two months into the current horticultural campaign, the results obtained by AgrupaEjido confirm its strength and business solvency. The Spanish trader has handled a volume 10% greater between September and mid-November compared to last season's figures. Sales are also on the rise, with a 6% growth compared to the same period in 2012. Sources from the company stress that this is the result of the good work carried out by the growers who rely on AE to market their fruits and vegetables. The firm's commercial director, Juan Cano, is thankful for "their effort and professionalism, as well as their commitment to quality and safety." Cano explains how they "value their trust and they feel greatly stimulated by the increasing number of growers counting on AgrupaEjido." This number surpasses the 2,000 at the moment. 

More kilos and sales
With production volumes as a reference, cucumbers have grown the most, with a 20% increase. Aubergines reach similar figures, with a 17% growth. The rest remain at their usual levels for this time of the year. 

As for prices at origin, even though some of the results have not been good, overall prices have been very similar to those registered a year earlier. Juan Cano trusts that "as the season develops, this variable will continue improving until it reaches similar figures to those reached in the 2012/2013 campaign."

National and international trade
Regarding sales, 60% of the marketing goes to the domestic market and the other 40% is shipped to European countries. Most of the exports go to the Netherlands and Germany, followed by the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Portugal, Eastern Europe and Scandinavia. The market growing the most in the early stages of the season was the UK.

The commercial director stresses "the effort being made to consolidate our current markets and open new ones." A lot of attention has been paid to improving the products' image by means of new packaging, labelling, new designs, etc. Increasing efforts are also devoted to the "Grown on Demand" system, as well as to the company's own range of organic products, which includes courgettes, cucumbers, aubergines and peppers.

Vegetable auctions
AgrupaEjido has six centres in the province of Almeria, with four of them working as fruit and vegetable auctioneers. The AE Group is convinced that this form of organisation is the most advantageous for growers, as it provides a quick and reliable payment system. 

Numerous services are offered and the company is involved in a constant updating process, with improvements being made in both the technology and infrastructure.

New mobile app
The company is fully committed to new technologies, and coinciding with the start of the campaign, AgrupaEjido presented its first mobile app for smartphones and tablets. The app allows, among other things, for easy access to real time prices at any auctioning centre and to a price record for the entire year.

AgrupaEjido is facing every challenge with optimism, as it is confident that the support from so many growers and trust from hundreds of clients in Europe are a recipe for success. The goal is to keep helping producers to obtain maximum profitability during the entire campaign.


Publication date:

Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here

Other news in this sector:

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber

You are using software which is blocking our advertisements (adblocker).

As we provide the news for free, we are relying on revenues from our banners. So please disable your adblocker and reload the page to continue using this site.

Click here for a guide on disabling your adblocker.