- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Specialist Kwekersrecht en Merkenrecht
- Sales Manager - Germany
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
UK: Eden Project Seeks to Re-Start Geothermal Energy Plan
The design envisaged boring holes three miles into the underlying granite through which water would be pumped. The earth's heat would raise its temperature to 240C, producing steam which would power a turbine generating all the Eden Project's electricity needs.
However, without funding it has not been possible to complete drilling the wells, and the scheme has stalled. As a result EGS Energy is now asking Cornwall Council to give it more time and revise the timescale which was imposed by the previous conditional approval.
Click here to learn more at thisiscornwall.co.uk
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-25 “Harnessing geothermal resources can provide a steady stream of energy in all seasons"
- 2022-01-24 Heating greenhouses with thermal battery
- 2022-01-19 Geothermal heat main installation begins
- 2022-01-17 UK Climate Change Agreements help ease Climate Change Levy tax for Horticulture sectors
- 2022-01-13 How to make sure greenhouse heater doesn't go to waste
- 2022-01-04 CAN: Passive solar greenhouse grows in cold climate with no heating cost
- 2022-01-04 UK: New energy project enables growers to access lower-cost heat
- 2022-01-03 Dutch strawberry grower gets energy from heat network
- 2021-12-22 "The future of horticulture offers plenty of sustainable energy opportunities"
- 2021-12-20 "Dutch government takes big risks with gas policy"
- 2021-12-16 UK: New opportunity for companies to give excess heat to growers
- 2021-12-16 Alternative use of artificial quarry lakes as heat source for greenhouses
- 2021-12-16 Growing wasabi in Iceland with geothermal heat
- 2021-12-15 Growers are offered new energy generation option: burning vegetable residue
- 2021-12-14 Methods of using ecological sources of clean energy in the cultivation of bell pepper seedlings
- 2021-12-13 New geothermal drilling started at Dutch bell pepper grower
- 2021-12-13 "Attention for gas alternatives is increasing"
- 2021-12-09 $10m investment in geothermal energy for greenhouses in Turkey
- 2021-12-09 Denmark: 40% fewer tomatoes because of the high gas prices
- 2021-12-09 Enabling informed decision-making for greenhouse supplemental lighting