- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
EcoPoly Solutions closes environmental loop for farmers
Advancements in the biodegradable mulch film industry
Recognizing the visible benefits of biodegradable products EcoPoly Solutions created a mulch film technology that, like regular mulch films, can reduce soil compaction, fertilizer leaching, moisture evaporation, weed problems and increases soil temperatures to produce a higher yield and increased early growth in crops while providing the added benefit of biodegrading.
Farmers currently face issues with inadequate biodegradable films, which create a buildup of plastic in tillable soil and leave farmers with mounting problems. These issues stem from too many different companies’ involved in the manufacturing of the additives and finished goods with limited expertise, knowledge and information to create products that work.
EcoPoly Solutions has full control of the entire process in their own facility. Formulation design and testing is certified by their engineers and PHD’s, which then transfers to their manufacturing line for resin and additive compounding. EcoPoly Solution’s mono and co-ex film lines manufacture the film, which is then sent to a third party for proof of performance.
“We are the only company globally that has a major, world-class lab facility onsite dedicated to biodegradable plastics research and development,” Steve Arsenault, Director of Sales at EcoPoly Solutions said. “There are hundreds of experiments and formulations worked on daily to continually improve the finished goods. EcoPoly Solutions manufactures all of the degradable, raw materials that are incorporated into the finished agricultural films. We also control the manufacturing process of the finished mulch film that farmers use on their fields.”
There is no single product that will work on a global scale. Every country, region, municipality and farmer has different requirements due to varying environmental conditions and soil conditions, as well as differing crops, farm equipment and experience. This multi-billion dollar industry is expected to increase by more than forty percent in the next four years and EcoPoly Solutions has the ability to provide what the farmers require. “Bottom line is that with these films the environmental and financial gains to the farmers can be enormous,” said Derek Rynard, CEO of EcoPoly Solutions.
For more information:
T: +1 905 967 9008
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-08 Non-woven fabric resistant to frost
- 2023-09-06 Corenthin (Felix) Chassouant new director of sales and business development at Harnois
- 2023-06-12 Agreement reached for the price of processing tomatoes in northern Italy
- 2023-05-09 North Dublin vegetable grower fears enormous tax bill after farm land was rezoned for housing
- 2023-04-13 "Modern farming techniques are now increasingly being used by Indian growers"
- 2023-04-03 Circular Carbon produces fully certified biochar from cocoa shells for horticulture and agriculture
- 2023-03-16 “Liniac zucchini: quality choice among open field crops”
- 2023-02-22 Significant desert region lettuce ice
- 2022-03-18 NSW floods kill millions of bees
- 2022-01-04 Lettuce ice means higher January markets likely
- 2021-10-26 Mixed grower-shipper reactions to California’s recent rains
- 2021-09-06 "You can tell it's not from a hothouse'
- 2021-07-02 Harvest of California chili peppers has kicked off
- 2021-06-25 EU and US pass climate laws
- 2021-04-29 Cow afloat
- 2021-04-06 Egypt, Ethiopia & Sudan set for more dam talks