- Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
- Flower Grower - Canada
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- (Junior) Account Manager France
- Installation Support Engineer (Supervisor)
- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
- Drones fly through tomato rows in International Greenhouse Challenge
- Nigerian grower builds greenhouse from scratch
- Why Australia's biggest glasshouse grower is expanding its cultivation
Canada: Geothermal could save BC Hydro 2.5 billion
The Canadian Geothermal Energy Association (CanGEA) is pushing hard to see geothermal included in BC’s slate of clean energy options as BC Hydro completes the latest consultations on its 20-year plan.
Allison Thompson, Chair of CanGEA says geothermal potential is located at three areas where new major load growth is forecast – near the LNG terminals on the North Coast, the new mines in Northeastern BC, and gas projects around the Horn River Basin near Fort Nelson. All three of these areas show high potential for geothermal power on BC Hydro’s own map.
Click here to read more
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-05 Energy Savings Calculator & PARperfect screening technology on display at Canadian Greenhouse Conference
- 2022-10-04 EnviroCrops app – a decision support tool for the biomass sector
- 2022-09-30 Grower with sustainable residual heat still suffers from high gas price
- 2022-09-28 Kent farm to power greenhouses using river source heat pump
- 2022-09-28 Photosynthetic brand launched by Rift Labs
- 2022-09-27 CHP systems offer growers more flexibility
- 2022-09-27 RAYN software available for growers' computers to control crop illumination
- 2022-09-23 High energy costs suffocate Spain's irrigation
- 2022-09-23 The Restrain CO2 extractor said to save store managers ‘thousands’ on energy cost
- 2022-09-22 France: Pilot hydrovoltaic project powering hydroponic farm officially opened
- 2022-09-22 Mexican grower installs double climate screen system
- 2022-09-22 UK farm businesses to have energy bills halved as part of new scheme
- 2022-09-21 "High energy prices lead to many emotional conversations at kitchen tables"
- 2022-09-20 "In Belgium, the greenhouse sector is bearing the brunt of the energy crisis"
- 2022-09-20 "If this continues, there will soon be increasingly fewer Dutch vegetables"
- 2022-09-20 Adapted tomato cultivation and also 'CHP story' under pressure 'if this continues'
- 2022-09-14 Using coatings to save energy
- 2022-09-13 Mixing solar power and agriculture: a blueberry farm does a test run
- 2022-09-12 Cavity screen saves energy without major system modifications
- 2022-09-09 Agrivoltaics: Co-locating solar and agriculture yields mutual benefits