Top 5 -yesterday
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Understanding the profitability of your greenhouse
- Agave: The new drought-tolerant California crop?
- Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
Top 5 -last month
- Vertical farming technologies tool in researching and fighting diseases
- German retailer Kaufland and horti-family Reichenspurner open new greenhouse
- "Water is the new gold"
- Growing strawberries from seeds becoming increasingly popular
- Higher productivity and earliness are the story behind these pink greenhouses
Russia: New high tech greenhouses for Surazhevka
The new greenhouses of FSUE "Dalnevostochnoye" will cover 18 hectares. Already well known for their tasty cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes, fennel, parsley, green salads are to be grown here. According to the director of the enterprise Vladimir Sidorenko, the new complex will provide everything in the best interest of the plants.
"Heat consumption in the new complex will be half less than in the greenhouses of previous generation, although productivity will be twice as much. This will be achieved through the introduction of new technologies: a special "shading" system to be employed to save heat and diffuse light in bright sunshine in the summer. It's expensive, but thanks to the federal and regional programs to support agricultural producers, we have managed to invest money in the industry. In addition, each plant needs a certain area for high yield, so we increased distance between plants,"- said Vladimir Sidorenko.
Special solution with mineral fertilizers is used for watering plants in greenhouses of FSUE "Dalnevostochnoye"; the solution circulates several times. Smart machines collect all unused water, disinfect it, add the required amount of minerals and use it for irrigating again. The new technologies made it possible to immediately increase the harvest of cultivated vegetables.
The regional program of agricultural development for 2013-2020 should help to cover expenses for construction and reconstruction of greenhouses, vegetable storage facilities and livestock farms. In 2012, 828.55 million rubles (19 ml €) was allocated from the regional budget to support local agricultural producers. This is 109.6% more compared to the year 2011.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-11 Canadian grower adds space to indoor strawberry farm
- 2022-08-09 CAN (OB): Ever Tru Farms launches 15-acre expansion
- 2022-07-22 US: architect develops greenhouse for his Boston neighborhood
- 2022-07-22 Australian HFF inducts two life members with an incredible story of greenhouse construction in Mongolia
- 2022-07-21 Australia: Tomatoes and jobs to grow in Tatura
- 2022-07-21 China: Smart greenhouses boost yields
- 2022-07-21 A schoolgirl from Kazakhstan has developed a "smart" greenhouse
- 2022-07-13 California open field grower expands into hydroponic lettuces
- 2022-07-11 Iowa family farm sees success with tunnel greenhouses
- 2022-07-07 Evolving tomato cultivation in Ontario
- 2022-07-05 Oman: Jusoor Foundation to produce saplings and citrus plants in greenhouses
- 2022-07-05 Naturvillan is a self-sufficient, off-grid A-frame greenhouse home in Sweden
- 2022-06-30 US (ME): ‘Crew of octogenarians’ builds greenhouse in Lewiston yard
- 2022-06-30 CAN: Abegweit First Nation invests in food security with new greenhouse
- 2022-06-30 Finnish propagator Sigg-Plant expands capacity with 40%
- 2022-06-29 Twentyfour-year-old Saudi farmer engineers a blooming desert
- 2022-06-29 Canada: Church greenhouse program supports migrant workers
- 2022-06-29 S. Korean smart farm technology creates cooling greenhouses in Vietnam
- 2022-06-28 Amazon seeks to convert Great Falls nursery into a greenhouse
- 2022-06-28 'Growing together by sharing the Chinese 'pie'