“This study presents useful information about purchasing barriers that industry members have not seen before,” Gabriel Becerra, FMRF committee member and president of Golden Flowers, said. “The results are easily understandable and contain compelling and practical ideas to implement and get business from non-flower buyers.”
Highlights of the study include:
Wake Up Call! More than 8 in 10 adults surveyed do not plan on buying flowers in the next 12 months. How could you or your business change this?
- Price incentives, coupons, discounts
- Lower shipping or delivery charge offers
- Guarantees for vase life and delivery time
Are flowers the perfect gift for all occasions?
- Marketing efforts to position flowers as the go-to gift may win over undecided customers, who will likely also thank you for making their lives easier!
Spread the love! Love is the strongest emotion felt when receiving flowers. Adults with an aversion to sending flowers enjoy getting flowers and feeling the love.
- Give recipients reasons and incentives to return the love to others by sending flowers.
Click here for the complete study