- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
machine grades on height and stem diameter
Van Geest Young Plants uses Techmek I Grade for consitent automated grafting
Van Geest is a progressive organization in he field of innovation and process optimisation, in recent years a lot of time and money is spent in a wide range of innovated projects in IT, automation and mechanisation. For the 2013 vegetable young plant season they want, in order to meet their customer demands, improvement in uniformity and quality for the tomato and pepper young plants. To get this, a better grading machine was needed. " In Techmek we found the right partner", said Peterson.
Techmek is a north Italian high-tech machine builder specialised in the use of industrial robots in their machines and installations.
In the latest developed machine for horticulture, the I grade, a new technology is being used. According to Hans Preesman, export manager of Techmek, these robots give an unprecedented speed, accuracy, flexibility and reliability. "The I grade makes it for van Geest, not only possible to grade on height but also on stem diameter, this gives much better uniformity and connection from the rootstock and top with grafting. Other advantages are better grading, labour saving, low maintenance cost and almost no downtime."
For more information:
Hans Preesman - Techmek
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-28 New cling film technology provides certified recyclable alternative to PVC films
- 2023-11-27 Europe wants to save the planet, but its share of plastic pollution is only 5 percent
- 2023-11-23 New solution adds value and ease to machine-harvested blueberries
- 2023-11-22 "There will be no regression to classic plastic packaging"
- 2023-11-20 What will the war on plastic cost the fresh produce industry?
- 2023-11-14 A smart solution for packing small fruits and mushrooms
- 2023-11-14 Plug plant and seed tray packs ensure safe seed deliveries
- 2023-11-13 More and more innovations in advanced packaging
- 2023-11-07 WPTC European tomato production update
- 2023-11-07 Compostable packaging: keeping produce fresh and sustainable
- 2023-11-06 "In the end, rising freight costs lead to higher offer prices in retail"
- 2023-11-02 "Cold chain temperature monitoring maximizes shelf-life and reduces food waste"
- 2023-11-02 Dutch branch Celtic Refrigeration has bankruptcy declared - talks on restart ongoing
- 2023-11-01 Corrugated packaging gets smarter and greener
- 2023-11-01 "With the press of a button, from 200g iceberg lettuce to 600g spinach"
- 2023-10-16 New bundling machine unveiled at Fruit Attraction