- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
- Sales Manager Citrus
- Senior Key Account Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- One of Sweden's largest tomato growers to stop cultivation during winter
- Wasabi grower discovering new greenhouse crops
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Finka San Antonio cuts the ribbon on its 22-hectare greenhouse
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
machine grades on height and stem diameter
Van Geest Young Plants uses Techmek I Grade for consitent automated grafting
Van Geest is a progressive organization in he field of innovation and process optimisation, in recent years a lot of time and money is spent in a wide range of innovated projects in IT, automation and mechanisation. For the 2013 vegetable young plant season they want, in order to meet their customer demands, improvement in uniformity and quality for the tomato and pepper young plants. To get this, a better grading machine was needed. " In Techmek we found the right partner", said Peterson.
Techmek is a north Italian high-tech machine builder specialised in the use of industrial robots in their machines and installations.
In the latest developed machine for horticulture, the I grade, a new technology is being used. According to Hans Preesman, export manager of Techmek, these robots give an unprecedented speed, accuracy, flexibility and reliability. "The I grade makes it for van Geest, not only possible to grade on height but also on stem diameter, this gives much better uniformity and connection from the rootstock and top with grafting. Other advantages are better grading, labour saving, low maintenance cost and almost no downtime."
For more information:
Hans Preesman - Techmek
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-22 New cling film is compostable with industrial versatility
- 2022-09-19 Snack tomato packaging wins 'Carton of the Year 2022' award
- 2022-09-13 "Products washed with peroxide have a longer shelf life"
- 2022-08-29 Strauss's leapfrogging in sustainable packaging by ROP for salads and leafy greens
- 2022-08-25 UK: Plant packaging manufacturer is exhibiting at the Four Oaks Trade show
- 2022-08-24 "No doubt robotic harvesters will be common in greenhouses very soon"
- 2022-08-18 Sustainable closure sealing and labelling of fruit and vegetable trays
- 2022-08-12 New application for disinfection of fresh-cut fruits by means ozone in the packaging
- 2022-07-07 New cold storage and research rooms put into operation at Proeftuin Randwijk
- 2022-07-07 Fruit that always has the best taste and bite thanks to All-in-One Spectral Cabinet
- 2022-06-30 50% more plants thanks to new strawberry cultivation system
- 2022-06-01 Proseal pioneers workable alternatives to plastic tray sealing
- 2022-05-27 European retailers called out for not going all-in on curtailing plastic pollution
- 2022-05-27 Is the economy threatening packaging sustainability?
- 2022-05-11 Drivers: the unsung heroes of the horticultural industry
- 2022-05-03 Canadian grower backs five-year plastics research project
- 2022-04-25 US (GA): Horticultural container manufacturer to invest $44 million in Toombs County
- 2022-04-06 Beekenkamp introduces new transport boxes for better automatic processing
- 2022-04-04 "Display enables nice placement of herbs and optimal brand presentation"
- 2022-03-30 Fast and flexible closing machine for cardboard trays with flaps