- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
US: What motivates ag industry employees?
For 97% of the respondents, benefit and reward programs were important to an employee’s overall job satisfaction at some level. Nearly 30% were dissatisfied with their current or recent employer’s total rewards program.
A friendly and amiable work environment is important to 90% of respondents, who agreed at some level that the relationships developed with their coworkers greatly impact their satisfaction with their employer. There was no difference between genders in response to this question.
Employers’ efforts to be innovative and make industry advancements also impacted overall employee satisfaction for more than 90% of respondents.
The most valued reward/benefit for each generation was health care benefits. Generation X and Baby Boomers selected retirement savings plans as one of the most valued benefits. Generation Y put more value on flexibility and opportunities for advancement.
Source: HortAmericas Newsletter October 2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-28 Singapore: S$38 strawberry harvesting experience at hydroponics farm near Buona Vista
- 2023-11-27 Malaysia: Cultivating sustainable ways to feed the country
- 2023-11-27 "It's crucial to promote urban farming to boost healthy eating habits in cities"
- 2023-11-27 Ecuador’s blueberry industry is the 'new kid on the block' with 52 weeks supply advantage
- 2023-11-27 Cuba turns to aquaponics to solve food shortage
- 2023-11-27 Indonesian greenhouse sets record with 5.8 kg melon
- 2023-11-24 Little boy is a big fan of broccoli, sleeps with it but doesn't eat it
- 2023-11-24 Berry entrepreneurs in Huelva venture into the medical cannabis industry
- 2023-11-24 “We are only producing first-class products”
- 2023-11-23 US: Mushroom farm yields 800 to 1000lbs weekly
- 2023-11-23 Norway: “We’re matching import prices to break into the market”
- 2023-11-23 Retirement beckons for NZ watercress trailblazers
- 2023-11-23 Introducing North American consumers to greenhouse-grown radishes
- 2023-11-22 US (NC): New partnership creates first-ever indoor hydroponic coffee farm
- 2023-11-21 Namibia: 3 hectare greenhouse grows hydroponic tomatoes and cut flowers
- 2023-11-21 US: Carl Gupton new CEO of Greenswell Growers