- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
Mexicultura present at Expo Agroalimentaria
Mexico eager for horticultural knowledge and techniques
One of the projects Nuijtens has been involved with is Mexicultura, a program that unites Dutch horticultural suppliers, government and learning institutions who aim to develop sustainable production systems in close cooperation with local Mexican partners. All partners in MexiCultura compliment one another in the areas of technology, know-how and experience. One outcome of the program was a visit last month to Dutch greenhouse companies by Mexican growers and other horticultural entrepreneurs. The group visited growers, horticultural area Agriport A7, learning institutions, training centers and breeders. During these visits, a lot of attention was given to knowledge exchange and matchmaking.
At the upcoming Expo AgroAlimentaria in Irapuato, Mexicultura will also be present with a pavilion and seminar on Thursday 14 November.
Next to her work with MexiCultura, Nuijtens is also working on many other projects. One of these is developing and restructuring agriculture in Mexican states. The realization of these metropolitan food clusters (Agroparks), is part of the Alterra project in conjunction with Wageningen University & Research. Nuijtens is not only helping to set up the clusters, but is also supporting the companies at the agroparks by marketing their produce to new markets. Nuijtens: "A lot of the producers aim to export to the United States, which of course is good, but they also need to break open new markets. We are looking to set up new transatlantic partnerships together with the Mexican government."
Nuijtens points out the set-up of a new trade line between Mexico and Fresh Park Venlo in The Netherlands as a good example. "Mexican growers have tried to export their produce several times in the past, but this did not always go well", said Nuijtens. "There have been experimental shipments of a few containers to Europe in the past, but a lot of problems have occurred. In order to improve this, we organized a mission two years ago. A delegation of Dutch importers and cold chain experts visited Mexican exporters and started to work on a solution and form a stable partnership, together with the help of local authorities. Now, two years later, we have shipped the first containers of Mexican avocados to Venlo. The Dutch green port serves as an excellent doorway for the Mexican growers to enter new markets like Russia. This is a good example of how we have connected the right dots."
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-27 Photo report: GrowTech 2023, Antalya, Turkey
- 2023-11-27 KG Systems & KG Greenhouses particate in CollegeTour
- 2023-11-27 US (ME): Greenhouse grower receives 'Business at Work for Maine' award
- 2023-11-24 Abu Dhabi: First edition of Horti Agri Next MEA in photos
- 2023-11-24 US (TX): Controlled Environment Horticulture Conference set for Dec. 7-8 in Dallas
- 2023-11-24 Harvest robots? Irrigation is what it's about at GrowTech Antalya
- 2023-11-24 Photo report: German berry industry meets at ExpoSE
- 2023-11-23 phenoLytcis wins Seed Innovation Challenge Award 2023
- 2023-11-23 HortEx Vietnam organizers partner with IPM Essen
- 2023-11-23 "Installing a modern shading system in a plastic greenhouse is becoming more common"
- 2023-11-23 Ecuadorian produce promoted at New York Produce Show
- 2023-11-22 Canadian produce industry advocates for affordable healthy food for Canadians
- 2023-11-22 Large Dutch horticulture delegation visiting China, heralding closer cooperation
- 2023-11-22 Growtech starts, a Turkish horticultural exhibition about more than Turkey alone
- 2023-11-22 The 21st China Greenhouse Horticulture Industry Conference was successfully held in Hangzhou
- 2023-11-20 UAE: Heat and labor shortage drive innovation in the Middle East