- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
exclusive contract to grow wasabi lettuce:
AU: Lettuce operations keeps expanding at Tripod Farmers
Since it was founded in 1989, Tripod Farmers has expanded from a small family business of 6ha to a large enterprise of 809ha across Bacchus Marsh, Gippsland and Mildura. Frankie's parents, third generation farmers Frank and Angela Ruffo, and aunt and uncle Carmel and Joe Ruffo run the Bacchus Marsh farm.
Frankie with the wasabi lettuce (picture by weeklytimesnow.com.au)
About 40 per cent of the produce is sent to Melbourne Wholesale Market, 30 per cent to supermarkets, 20 per cent to interstate markets and 10 per cent is exported.
The business employs more than 350 people to grow about 30 varieties of lettuce, from classic cos to in-vogue varieties such a baby kale and watercress.
The company also has an exclusive contract to grow wasabi lettuce, a spicy leaf, and is the only farm in Australia to grow it.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 Spain: Rosa de Barbastro tomato production one million less than expected
- 2023-12-05 Italian grower plans to expand tunnel cultivation
- 2023-12-05 "Imbalance in berry chain squeezes both ends: the grower, and the consumer"
- 2023-12-05 Cucumber grower opts for LEDs to reduce energy consumption and up production
- 2023-12-04 "In Almeria we have lacked water for 60 years; for us, it is not a new issue"
- 2023-12-04 South Africa: Gesture helps Soweto residents to put healthy food on the table and boost a local economy
- 2023-12-04 US (MA): Jail supervisor jumps at chance of running aquaponics greenhouse
- 2023-12-01 Bringing affordable specialty mushrooms to tables across Germany
- 2023-12-01 Former Isle of Wight tomato business land could be turned into houses
- 2023-12-01 "We all need to quickly switch to tropical fruit production in greenhouses"
- 2023-11-30 From eggplants to bullseyes: Dirk is the 'Aubergenius'
- 2023-11-29 Goulburn Valley grower abandons crop blaming high mark-ups at supermarkets
- 2023-11-28 Singapore: S$38 strawberry harvesting experience at hydroponics farm near Buona Vista
- 2023-11-27 Malaysia: Cultivating sustainable ways to feed the country
- 2023-11-27 "It's crucial to promote urban farming to boost healthy eating habits in cities"
- 2023-11-27 Ecuador’s blueberry industry is the 'new kid on the block' with 52 weeks supply advantage