- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
US: Prestigious green technology award goes to Sweden’s Heliospectra
“Heliospectra is awarded the Green Award in recognition of the company's ground breaking work in the field of enhanced agricultural results and sustainable greenhouse farming, in particular for the development of the Heliospectra intelligent LED system. The company’s mission is to develop and sell efficient lighting systems that provide control of plant growth and quality. Heliospectra’s patented technology can reduce energy consumption by up to 50 % in greenhouses while at the same time producing a crop that looks and tastes better, and also has a longer shelf-life.”
“We think it is fantastic to receive this award. Our team has an unbreakable focus to create products that can give us a more environmentally friendly future, and it’s great that their hard work is being recognized. There are a lot of good companies working within green technology, so being chosen as the winner of this award is a great honour,” says Staffan Hillberg, CEO at Heliospectra.
H.R.H. Princess Madeleine of Sweden presented Heliospectra with the award during a Royal Gala Award Dinner in New York on October 23rd. The Gala was attended by Steve Trygg, Jury Chairman and Vice Chairman of SACC New York and followed the 6th Annual Green Summit.
This award adds to an already exciting year at Heliospectra. During the spring their new system, the L4A Series 10, was launched along with advanced software for controlling the light environment. Both quickly gained attention from top plant scientists and research institutes across the world, one of which - the German Aerospace Centre (DLR) - uses the technology with the objective to eventually grow vegetables in space.
As for what’s next at Heliospectra, Christopher Steele, VP of Sales & Marketing, commented that their "…biologist and engineers continue to work together to achieve the company’s vision, and as a result, the marketplace will soon see even more innovative green technologies launching from the labs here in Gothenburg." Exactly what these products are would not be disclosed, but Steele assures that the market will not be disappointed.
For more information:
Staffan Hillberg, CEO
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-27 Maf Roda acquires Caustier
- 2023-11-27 Northern Lights and Yara sign agreement on CO2 transport and storage
- 2023-11-24 Meike van Ginneken joins Netherlands Water Partnership's Advisory Board
- 2023-11-22 USDA PACA updates
- 2023-11-22 Ukraine: Grants of 503.3 thousand euros distributed to develop orchards and greenhouses
- 2023-11-21 Rabo horticulture barometer: business confidence up slightly
- 2023-11-21 Las- & Montagebedrijf FBO and the Voorwinden Group continue together
- 2023-11-20 Supporting Texas veteran with military makeover
- 2023-11-20 US (OR): Griffin to relocate Salem warehouse to Gresham to accelerate retail expansion
- 2023-11-20 BioWorks welcomes Director of Sales and Distributor Relations
- 2023-11-20 Canadian greenhouse grower expands production to California
- 2023-11-20 "Flexibility and stability in transportation"
- 2023-11-17 "Turns out the two companies complement each other 100%"
- 2023-11-17 How AppHarvest's farming scheme imploded, and took its workforce down with it
- 2023-11-17 Andrew Tout elected Chairman of Protected Cropping Australia
- 2023-11-17 "Our pool of interim managers can help solve companies' bottlenecks and peaks"