- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
US: Prestigious green technology award goes to Sweden’s Heliospectra
“Heliospectra is awarded the Green Award in recognition of the company's ground breaking work in the field of enhanced agricultural results and sustainable greenhouse farming, in particular for the development of the Heliospectra intelligent LED system. The company’s mission is to develop and sell efficient lighting systems that provide control of plant growth and quality. Heliospectra’s patented technology can reduce energy consumption by up to 50 % in greenhouses while at the same time producing a crop that looks and tastes better, and also has a longer shelf-life.”
“We think it is fantastic to receive this award. Our team has an unbreakable focus to create products that can give us a more environmentally friendly future, and it’s great that their hard work is being recognized. There are a lot of good companies working within green technology, so being chosen as the winner of this award is a great honour,” says Staffan Hillberg, CEO at Heliospectra.
H.R.H. Princess Madeleine of Sweden presented Heliospectra with the award during a Royal Gala Award Dinner in New York on October 23rd. The Gala was attended by Steve Trygg, Jury Chairman and Vice Chairman of SACC New York and followed the 6th Annual Green Summit.
This award adds to an already exciting year at Heliospectra. During the spring their new system, the L4A Series 10, was launched along with advanced software for controlling the light environment. Both quickly gained attention from top plant scientists and research institutes across the world, one of which - the German Aerospace Centre (DLR) - uses the technology with the objective to eventually grow vegetables in space.
As for what’s next at Heliospectra, Christopher Steele, VP of Sales & Marketing, commented that their "…biologist and engineers continue to work together to achieve the company’s vision, and as a result, the marketplace will soon see even more innovative green technologies launching from the labs here in Gothenburg." Exactly what these products are would not be disclosed, but Steele assures that the market will not be disappointed.
For more information:
Staffan Hillberg, CEO
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Increased plant health and vitality with 44% lab cost reduction
- 2022-12-02 Israeli company developing USD $15M hydroponic project in Guyana
- 2022-12-02 CEO of Betagro PLC is a Guest of Honour at Thailand - LNV Reception 2022
- 2022-12-02 Sanne Kruikemeier and Ingrid de Zwarte receive Early Career Award
- 2022-12-02 BBL acquires Share Logistics Group
- 2022-12-02 Ab van Marrewijk hands over Tomatoworld greenhouse to Nico Ammerlaan
- 2022-12-02 The Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-02 Teachers appointed ‘grow smart, eat smart’ ambassadors in Jamaica
- 2022-12-02 Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes with a ‘wow’ factor thanks to a finely tuned irrigation strategy
- 2022-12-01 Planet Farms to build 15.000m2 farm plus appoints new CEO and President for Italy
- 2022-12-01 Revol Greens partners with Blue Radix to add autonomous growing to US greenhouses
- 2022-12-01 Biotalys establishes scientific advisory committee
- 2022-12-01 Edible Garden to display expanding product lines at 2022 New York Produce Show
- 2022-12-01 The industry responds to Infarm news
- 2022-12-01 "Spanish products are under pressure"
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes: large supply in the face of low demand
- 2022-12-01 Labor requirements in indoor agriculture
- 2022-12-01 High demand for Egyptian strawberry plants
- 2022-12-01 Dutch tomato grower expands into strawberry cultivation