- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
US: Hawaiian researchers field testing virus resistant tomatoes
"Tomato is a very important crop for diversified agriculture here in Hawaii," Kaufman said. "That's why we want the farmers to have an alternative so that they can continue growing tomatoes."
She said the tomatoes being tested require little or no pesticides.
"All these varieties are traditionally bred so there are no GMOs," she said.
On Wednesday, UH showed the virus resistant varieties to twenty Oahu farmers, encouraging them to experiment Medrano said he'll give a couple of them a try.
"Resistant varieties, that to me is the only remedy," he said.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-27 Royal Brinkman introduces UniMite bio-distribution systems to Canadian market
- 2023-09-27 A new tool in the battle against CGMMV
- 2023-09-25 Can cucumbers be used as ant repellant?
- 2023-09-22 Quarantine pests found in melon and tomato shipments from Uzbekistan in the Orenburg region
- 2023-09-20 Combined predator/parasite strategy optimizes aphid control in strawberry
- 2023-09-20 Powdery Mildew on field-grown tomatoes
- 2023-09-14 Russia: ToBRFV detected in a batch of imported tomatoes and peppers
- 2023-09-14 Corteva launches nematicide that protects soil health
- 2023-09-13 'Thrips parvispinus' threatens Almeria's pepper crops
- 2023-09-13 US: USDA to conduct facility certification visits to offshore greenhouses
- 2023-09-11 Farmers worry harvest backlog may affect tomato crop
- 2023-09-11 US: Recycling pesticide containers in Vermont
- 2023-09-11 "Swirski-Mite helps you stay in control"
- 2023-09-08 Biobest signs agreement to acquire Biotrop in Brazil
- 2023-09-08 Russia: More than 21 thousand tons of vegetables were controlled in the Karachay-Cherkess Republic
- 2023-09-08 Purdue University’s College of Agriculture joins the International Phytobiomes Alliance
- 2023-09-07 Controlling algae in nurseries: the green monster
- 2023-09-06 Certis Belchim partners with Clever BioScience
- 2023-09-04 Fusarium wilt found in Irish greenhouse lettuce
- 2023-09-01 "New strain of green peach aphid Myzus persicae needs more aggressive beneficial insects"