- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Green Bridge Growers:
US: Year round production at aquaponic farm in Indiana
Jan Pilarski, co-founder and CEO at Green Bridge Growers, started the organization with the aid of her son, Chris Tidmarsh, who has autism. “My son Chris and I share an interest in growing food sustainably, but came to that independently and by different paths,” Pilarski said. “In the workshops and conferences we participated in three years ago related to food justice and sustainable farming, we were exposed to aquaponics. That model of sustainable, year-round growing appealed to us both.”
Pilarski also saw that everything involved with aquaponics, such as the balancing of water chemistry, scheduled procedures, and specific routines needed to care for plants and fish were skills that were ideal for certain people with autism.
“I saw great potential for Chris and others with autism because of the skills required, the local market opportunities, and the chance to contribute to our local community,” Pilarski said.
Click here for the entire interview with Pilarski at SeedStock.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 Geographic advantage for homegrown-frisée
- 2023-12-06 "Late planting of winter strawberry plants meant that earlier volumes were lower"
- 2023-12-06 Vertically-grown cherry tomato introduced
- 2023-12-04 Malaysian vanilla farm expects first harvest this year
- 2023-12-04 50 fewer Dutch greenhouse vegetable growers by 2023
- 2023-11-30 Flanders makes a case for local Belgian ginger
- 2023-11-30 Multi-parameter soil sensor selected for integration into Aranet
- 2023-11-30 CAN (BC): Long Creek School will help NFJDWC grow native plants for restoration
- 2023-11-29 New partnership to explore weed species cultivation indoors
- 2023-11-29 “There is still a high demand for additional square meters for cultivation"
- 2023-11-29 Smooth transition for greens to Yuma in 2023
- 2023-11-28 "Delayed bell pepper plantings this season could lead to less watermelon being planted in spring"
- 2023-11-28 Tomato yields decrease in Morocco as the weather gets colder
- 2023-11-28 Fresh Select overcomes challenges to lead innovation in salad and leafy greens industry
- 2023-11-28 First expansion of allotment greenhouse Houten
- 2023-11-27 "Challenging weather conditions for lamb's lettuce sowing"