- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
Wednesday, Nov. 6, UCLA, including tour at Houwelings
US: Seedstock conference expands panel of innovators
Drawing on his experiences as a new farmer and founder of pasture-raised livestock farm Primal Pastures, Paul Greive will moderate the “Growing New Farmers” panel that will explore how to effectively create new farmers as well as expand the economic opportunities of existing sustainable farming operations. Brent Taylor, co-founder and vice-president of corporate development of Beyond Meat, an innovative sustainable ag company creating products that replace animal protein with plant protein, will weigh in on innovative sustainable ag startups and operations that have the potential to impact food consumption and production in the future. Wrapping up the day, Adam Chapnick, principal/evangelist of crowdfunding juggernaut, Indiegogo, and Zack Porter, managing partner and director of Proteus Environmental Technologies, a firm that works with companies to commercialize transformative environmental technologies, will join in an examination of the various investment routes that startups can take to get their businesses off the ground.
The Seedstock annual conference is a comprehensive, expert-filled program filled with up-to-the-minute information about how to be successful in starting or expanding a sustainable and/or urban farming operation. As featured on CNBC, the Seedstock annual conference is one of the few events in the country that bring together farmers, entrepreneurs, financers and investors, suppliers, distributors, restaurant owners and others in the sustainable agriculture industry.
On Tuesday, Nov. 5, the day before the UCLA event, Seedstock has organized a Sustainable Farm Field Trip to Houweling’s 125-acre tomato sustainable hydroponic greenhouse and McGrath Family Farm, a 5th generation organic farm. Each visit will include extensive tours and conversations with the growers about sustainability and business model innovations. The field trip’s farm-to-table lunch will be sponsored and prepared by chef/farmer Adam Navidi of Future Farm Foods and Green2Go Restaurant and Market. Day 1 of the conference will conclude with a farm-to-fork dinner at Josie’s Restaurant in Santa Monica. Space is limited for both the field trip and the opening night dinner.
For updates to the program, speaker bios and other information pertaining to the event, please visit: http://conference.seedstock.com.
To register, please visit: http://seedstockannual.eventbrite.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-18 Fields of Innovation to showcase opportunities for vegetable growers
- 2022-08-18 What we know about onion thrips as pest of covered crops
- 2022-08-17 Agritech India 2022: India's largest agricultural exhibition brings bigger opportunities for farmers
- 2022-08-17 "Fruit Attraction 2022 is going to be a great fair, with participation figures similar to those of 2019"
- 2022-08-17 Registration for the 13th TSW Show is open
- 2022-08-17 IFPA recognizes outstanding exhibit marketing at Foodservice Conference
- 2022-08-16 Roadtour #LoveFloriade introduces people to horticulture
- 2022-08-15 IFPA Southern Africa Conference to continue where PMA's Fresh Connections left off
- 2022-08-11 University of Florida greenhouse training online courses
- 2022-08-10 Deep diving into the metabolics of aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Seed meets Technology in the starting blocks for the eighth time
- 2022-08-10 14th annual AMHPAC convention, a chance to firm up pending business
- 2022-08-09 Introducing the CEA Summit East
- 2022-08-09 GLOBALG.A.P. explores key industry trends at Sustainable Foods Summit
- 2022-08-09 Foodservice conference 2022: the buyers’ perspectives
- 2022-08-09 "The scientific and commercial strawberry worlds will converge in Belgium"
- 2022-08-08 2022 China Seed Congress and Nanfan Agricultural Silicon Valley forum held in Hainan
- 2022-08-08 Horti light event to discover the latest science of grow lights
- 2022-07-22 Horticulture lighting and learning event: discover the latest science
- 2022-07-22 Photo report: Cultivate 2022