- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Wednesday, Nov. 6, UCLA, including tour at Houwelings
US: Seedstock conference expands panel of innovators
Drawing on his experiences as a new farmer and founder of pasture-raised livestock farm Primal Pastures, Paul Greive will moderate the “Growing New Farmers” panel that will explore how to effectively create new farmers as well as expand the economic opportunities of existing sustainable farming operations. Brent Taylor, co-founder and vice-president of corporate development of Beyond Meat, an innovative sustainable ag company creating products that replace animal protein with plant protein, will weigh in on innovative sustainable ag startups and operations that have the potential to impact food consumption and production in the future. Wrapping up the day, Adam Chapnick, principal/evangelist of crowdfunding juggernaut, Indiegogo, and Zack Porter, managing partner and director of Proteus Environmental Technologies, a firm that works with companies to commercialize transformative environmental technologies, will join in an examination of the various investment routes that startups can take to get their businesses off the ground.
The Seedstock annual conference is a comprehensive, expert-filled program filled with up-to-the-minute information about how to be successful in starting or expanding a sustainable and/or urban farming operation. As featured on CNBC, the Seedstock annual conference is one of the few events in the country that bring together farmers, entrepreneurs, financers and investors, suppliers, distributors, restaurant owners and others in the sustainable agriculture industry.
On Tuesday, Nov. 5, the day before the UCLA event, Seedstock has organized a Sustainable Farm Field Trip to Houweling’s 125-acre tomato sustainable hydroponic greenhouse and McGrath Family Farm, a 5th generation organic farm. Each visit will include extensive tours and conversations with the growers about sustainability and business model innovations. The field trip’s farm-to-table lunch will be sponsored and prepared by chef/farmer Adam Navidi of Future Farm Foods and Green2Go Restaurant and Market. Day 1 of the conference will conclude with a farm-to-fork dinner at Josie’s Restaurant in Santa Monica. Space is limited for both the field trip and the opening night dinner.
For updates to the program, speaker bios and other information pertaining to the event, please visit: http://conference.seedstock.com.
To register, please visit: http://seedstockannual.eventbrite.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 Idaho man breaks personal record for catching grapes while juggling
- 2023-09-29 US: "Growers faced a 14% increase in wage rates"
- 2023-09-29 Seed meets Technology visitors 'ready to buy'
- 2023-09-29 Let's get ready for the VertiFarm photo report
- 2023-09-28 US: UF economist to take questions about losses to agriculture industry due to Hurricane Idalia
- 2023-09-28 New Covent Garden Market showing support for British growers
- 2023-09-28 Growers, suppliers, and researchers converge at Vertifarm show
- 2023-09-28 Operators from all over the world to discuss berries
- 2023-09-27 What's happening on the second day of VertiFarm?
- 2023-09-27 25 years of Horti-Consult International: "We're not doing too badly here"
- 2023-09-26 LeafSpec named finalist for round five of $3 Million Grow-NY Global Food and Agriculture Business Competition
- 2023-09-26 Training on microgreen farming
- 2023-09-26 US (VA): Alliances and innovation headline 2nd annual edition of CEA Summit East in Virginia
- 2023-09-25 How to master your hygiene protocols
- 2023-09-25 US: Semifinalists announced for $1 million Seeding The Future Global Food System Challenge
- 2023-09-25 New York Produce Show and Conference welcomes floral exhibitors again on December 6
- 2023-09-25 Over 200 visitors during the 'Open Energy Day' at Trias Westland geothermal project
- 2023-09-22 Dutch Chili Fest brought the heat to Eindhoven
- 2023-09-22 'Women in CEA' kicks off at VertiFarm
- 2023-09-22 Photo report: British Tomato Conference