- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
“We are convinced that the greenhouse will happen”
Dutch company EsBro behind 15 hectare greenhouse on Iceland
“We are convinced that the greenhouse will happen,” Michael Veisser, the company’s representative, told visir.is. The project is estimated to cost ISK 5-6.5 billion (USD 42-54 million, EUR 31-40 million).
EsBro has already reached an agreement with suppliers in the U.K., who, among other vendors, provide the 6,300-store chain Tesco with products.
The company’s residents held a meeting with the inhabitants of Grindavík on Thursday. Locals are concerned about light pollution but Veisser said measures to counteract light pollution will be taken.
“We will try and cooperate with Grindavík inhabitants as much as we can—it’s for the interest of both parties,” he commented.
Others who have raised concern are Icelandic tomato farmers, who reason it will be tough to compete with EsBro on the local market in case export doesn’t work out.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-03 “The campaign is ending in the Netherlands, which is offering lower prices that are affecting those of Almeria cucumbers”
- 2023-10-03 After-summer drinks at Ridder
- 2023-10-03 "We are ready to expand into major international produce markets"
- 2023-10-03 Growtec opens North American office
- 2023-10-02 Samskip and Boluda Lines join forces to launch new Spain-Ireland-UK Service
- 2023-10-02 UK: House of Lords Horticultural Sector Committee visits Kent-based vertical farm
- 2023-10-02 New greenhouse covers promise to save water, energy, and improve profitability
- 2023-10-02 CAN (ON): The party is on at the inauguration of Van der Ende's new office in Kingsville
- 2023-10-02 Gentle handling and weighing of vine tomatoes and grapes
- 2023-09-29 "For growers and retailers, we're an open book"
- 2023-09-29 US (KY): "This farm was sold out as soon as it opened"
- 2023-09-29 BioSafe Systems mourns the loss of Michael Larose
- 2023-09-29 Lebanon needs greenhouses for food safety and security too
- 2023-09-29 Eurofins Food Assurance acquires ARS Probata
- 2023-09-29 Said El Ouakili to join Kubo
- 2023-09-29 “We empower growers to excel in cost-effective cultivation, ensuring long-term success"