- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- "A generational change is going on in Italy's horti sector"
- Schartner's mall-size greenhouse in Exeter still on hold after judge's ruling
- Strawberry picking robots aim to save California growers
- Monitoring thrips with image technology unique, benificial insects soon to be counted digitally
- Brazil: $1 mln investment in wasabi greenhouse production
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
'Horti Fair successor' to be called GreenTech
Over the past two months the horticultural sector has been invited via crowd-sourcing to help decide the name of the exhibition, the working title of which was HortiTech. The long list of suggestions was reduced to a shortlist by a renowned brand agency based on various criteria. A committee of exhibitors and other stakeholders, including AVAG and Fedecom, finally chose the name GreenTech.
“It is the first time that Amsterdam RAI has used crowd-sourcing to choose a title,” says Ids Boersma Managing Director of RAI Exhibitions. “We think it is wonderful that the sector came up with an even better name than our working title.”
The name GreenTech was suggested by Dutch and international parties. Moreover, the title is in line with the full scope of the exhibition programme, and leaves space for the future plans of the organisers.
The exhibition name GreenTech Amsterdam comprises all aspects important to positioning the event. ‘Green’ symbolises growth, crops, agriculture, horticulture, nature and sustainability. ‘Tech’ directly indicates a core element of the exhibition – the product technology that results from innovations and provides opportunities for the long-term future. And Amsterdam reminds us that the event will be held in one of the world’s most dynamic cities, one which is ideally suited for major exhibitions.
The pay-off ‘The international trade fair for Horticulture Technology’ immediately indicates the essence of the exhibition, namely horticulture and technology.
“Over 100 exhibitors have already booked and new partnerships have been formed,” adds Mariska Dreschler, GreenTech Product Manager. “The relationships with existing partners have been strengthened and with the name GreenTech we are building a broad international platform where the Dutch sector can present itself as the forerunner it is.”
The name GreenTech was launched on 22 October. Four VIP parking tickets were awarded among the title contributors and the winners of these tickets have been informed.
The first edition of GreenTech will take place from 10 to 12 June 2014 in Amsterdam RAI.
For more information : www.greentech.nl
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-16 Roadtour #LoveFloriade introduces people to horticulture
- 2022-08-15 IFPA Southern Africa Conference to continue where PMA's Fresh Connections left off
- 2022-08-11 University of Florida greenhouse training online courses
- 2022-08-10 Deep diving into the metabolics of aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Seed meets Technology in the starting blocks for the eighth time
- 2022-08-10 14th annual AMHPAC convention, a chance to firm up pending business
- 2022-08-09 Introducing the CEA Summit East
- 2022-08-09 GLOBALG.A.P. explores key industry trends at Sustainable Foods Summit
- 2022-08-09 Foodservice conference 2022: the buyers’ perspectives
- 2022-08-09 "The scientific and commercial strawberry worlds will converge in Belgium"
- 2022-08-08 2022 China Seed Congress and Nanfan Agricultural Silicon Valley forum held in Hainan
- 2022-08-08 Horti light event to discover the latest science of grow lights
- 2022-07-22 Horticulture lighting and learning event: discover the latest science
- 2022-07-22 Photo report: Cultivate 2022
- 2022-07-21 International students visit JD hydroponic plant factory
- 2022-07-21 A Portuguese technology and AI startup for berries and greenhouses wins the Green Disruption Summit 2022
- 2022-07-20 "Hungarian tomato industry has strongly transformed and improved"
- 2022-07-20 Cultivate’22 is a wrap
- 2022-07-19 Final hours of Cultivate get going
- 2022-07-18 Organic Produce Summit saw record attendance