Top 5 -yesterday
- "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"
- Dutch Berries: 20 hectares of high-tech strawberry cultivation
- How to shift from optimal growth with LEDs to optimal energy usage
- Adjusting irrigation water: bicarbonates vs. pH
- Carbon footprint of importing food could be 7.5x higher than thought
Top 5 -last month
Dutch Greenhouse growers urged to develop innovative vegetables
'In addition, the Dutch horticultural sector can make an important contribution to the growth in agrarian production in developing countries and help solve world food shortages,' the minister said. The Netherlands exports some €20bn worth of bulbs, plants, flowers and seeds a year. But efforts have to be made to keep ahead in the face of ‘trade disruption’ and import bans, the minister said in a briefing.
The budget for stimulating energy-saving measures in greenhouse production is being doubled to at least €5m.
The aim is to ensure greenhouses are energy neutral by 2020. Geothermal heat respresents a relatively cheap but sustainable source of energy with perspective, the briefing said.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-08 BioTherm improves performance of their finned heating products
- 2022-07-20 Interesting novelty in the green oblong tomato segment
- 2022-07-12 New organic salad kits and blends line debuts in plant-based compostable bags
- 2022-07-12 Simple GoMicro device can measure food spoilage
- 2022-07-12 Sharing the appeal of broccoli with the world
- 2022-07-12 New universal automatic measuring device in Italy
- 2022-06-30 New cucumbers taking UK market by storm
- 2022-06-28 Wimbledon strawberries tracked by high-tech sensors
- 2022-06-28 $130 Japanese melon is the "Ferrari of melons"
- 2022-06-28 The age of counting sticky traps will soon be over, thanks to AI and vision systems
- 2022-06-27 “This unique tomato variety is a diamond in the rough”
- 2022-06-23 The Australian digital harvesting solution's yielding has improved productivity from pre-commercial trials
- 2022-06-23 Canadian greens distributor launches new salad kit line
- 2022-06-21 Light Science Technologies launches all-in-one sensorGROW
- 2022-06-20 Tendernay, a wine infused with broccoli
- 2022-06-20 Canadian greenhouse growers win in local and international competitions
- 2022-06-16 New platform for insight in sustainability risks in fresh produce launched
- 2022-06-15 Protecting your HVAC from moisture, corrosion and geckos
- 2022-06-15 France: Les Crudettes presents a new packaging
- 2022-06-08 Eco-friendly sachets extend life of fruit and veg outside refrigerator