- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Dutch Greenhouse growers urged to develop innovative vegetables
'In addition, the Dutch horticultural sector can make an important contribution to the growth in agrarian production in developing countries and help solve world food shortages,' the minister said. The Netherlands exports some €20bn worth of bulbs, plants, flowers and seeds a year. But efforts have to be made to keep ahead in the face of ‘trade disruption’ and import bans, the minister said in a briefing.
The budget for stimulating energy-saving measures in greenhouse production is being doubled to at least €5m.
The aim is to ensure greenhouses are energy neutral by 2020. Geothermal heat respresents a relatively cheap but sustainable source of energy with perspective, the briefing said.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-23 Taking a closer look at the world’s most expensive fruits
- 2023-11-13 Bananatex launches compostable jersey made from Abacá banana plants
- 2023-11-10 YUM YUMS cherry tomatoes unveiled
- 2023-11-07 "We're combating unhealthy snacks with seedless snack bell peppers"
- 2023-10-31 Zucchiolo, a cross between cucumber and zucchini
- 2023-10-31 Product innovation continues in greenhouse industry with new pepper variety
- 2023-10-26 New celery snack launched
- 2023-10-19 Melatonin from tomatoes? Seems like it
- 2023-10-18 Butter lettuce-based salad kits hit the market
- 2023-10-17 Lettuce brand extends with new salad kits
- 2023-10-13 App analyses tomato appearance within seconds
- 2023-10-13 "Plastic is still plastic no matter how you look at it"
- 2023-10-13 New premium berry line on the way
- 2023-10-12 Canadian greenhouse grower expands grape tomato line
- 2023-10-10 "With our product, we can continue to meet the demand for exclusive products in the future"
- 2023-10-10 New premium Pink Star raspberry brand unveiled at Fruit Attraction