- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Ministry report shows: organic farming on the rise in UAE
As demand grows for fresh locally grown chemical-free produce, a report issued by the Ministry of Environment and Water reveals that there are over 40 organic farms in the UAE., spanning a total area of about 3,890 hectares, growing a range of 62 products.
The report said most of the country’s organic farms grow date palms, tomatoes, green beans and other vegetables and fruits. It also underlined the ministry’s support to the farmers, encouraging them to convert to organic farming.
The ministry has not only opened two marketing centres in Dubai for organic farm products, it has also distributed 600,000 bags of organic fertilisers to more than 10,000 farmers.
The ministry has implemented a comprehensive training programme on the fundamentals of organic farming for farmers and workers in agriculture and is currently developing a strategy for organic farming in the UAE.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-04 Educational session on Strengthening Organic Enforcement
- 2023-09-04 Rugby league legend backing Australian Organic Awareness Month
- 2023-07-21 Organic greenhouse grown strawberry launched
- 2023-07-05 A unique aquaponic farm for growing microgreens is developing near Astrakhan
- 2023-06-21 Organic living lettuces in the spotlight
- 2023-06-20 Organic greenhouse grown strawberries will complement field category
- 2023-06-12 Two new papers for organic propagation launched
- 2023-06-05 "A great opportunity to showcase organic produce"
- 2023-05-23 USDA launches organic INTEGRITY database trade partner module
- 2023-05-03 "I like to touch on new things, new products, new production methods"
- 2023-04-26 "We want to offer an honest organic-vegan product, which is why we do not use animal manure"
- 2023-04-18 New Organic Enforcement Rule topic for OPS 2023 ed session
- 2023-03-31 The evolution of the microgreens business
- 2023-03-20 Organic produce items saw wide range of performance in 2022
- 2023-03-17 Snack tomato growers opt for prevention with biology
- 2023-03-13 Mycelium is not only good for cultivation but also for... motherboards
- 2023-02-03 “We’re reaching a point where conventional costs more than organic”
- 2023-01-13 Retailer registration opens for Organic Produce Summit 2023
- 2022-12-16 "We aim to go entirely organic”
- 2022-12-09 Spreading the nutritional value of microgreens on a national scale after amazing flood rebuild