- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Windset Farms adds membrane technology to cucumber packaging
This specialized polymer membrane technology extends the shelf life of fresh produce, while maintaining product quality and food safety. This is accomplished by maintaining a perfect oxygen/carbon dioxide ratio inside the package specific to Windset's cocktail cucumbers. The BreatheWay(r) polymer technology also features a temperature "switch", adjusting membrane permeability to compensate for any changes in respiration rate of the cucumbers at different temperatures. Customers will appreciate this feature as produce items are often subjected to temperature fluctuations throughout the distribution chain.
"We are very pleased to introduce this innovative packaging enhancement to our product lines," said John Newell, COO of Windset Farms. "Due to the incredible shelf life extension that this technology brings to the table, we're able to deliver our products to farther destinations, more efficiently, and with greater confidence," Newell says, adding that "we have been testing and refining the use of this technology with Apio's research team for more than 4 years".
With the exclusive license for the use of BreatheWay(r) for greenhouse grown cucumbers, peppers, and tomatoes, Windset Farms will be releasing more items featuring this technology in the near future.
For more information: www.windsetfarms.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-27 Cucumber robot line launches globally
- 2023-09-26 Fresh herbs in convenient packaging
- 2023-09-25 UPM Specialty Papers presents compostable food stickers for fruit and vegetables
- 2023-09-14 Horti Nigeria and EnGRAIS project focus on development of vegetable crops Agricultural Input Packages
- 2023-09-13 Brand refresh and new packaging approach for greenhouse vegetables unveiled
- 2023-09-12 "Useless European restrictions on plastic packaging: Asia does not even know what they are"
- 2023-09-12 $10M funding for post-harvest solution provider
- 2023-09-08 “A step closer to our one-stop-shop experience”
- 2023-09-07 Packaging company expands linerless label offering
- 2023-08-11 Europe, Canada, and the United States: Is it all the same for packaging?
- 2023-07-20 "Dutch greenhouse ginger cultivation's no problem; now to find the correct consumer packaging"
- 2023-07-18 “More and more vegetables and fruits will be packed in paper”
- 2023-07-18 UK partnership to save 150 tonnes of plastic on new strawberry punnets
- 2023-07-17 CAN (ON): Fieldless Farms introduces cardboard packaging
- 2023-07-14 Engineering a washing line for 1 m³ crates
- 2023-07-13 Launching organic salad blends in peel-and-reseal packaging design
- 2023-07-11 UK: Construction of a £5m food packhouse completed
- 2023-07-10 Start of the Horti Sustainable Packaging Initiative
- 2023-07-05 100% recyclable strawberry punnets
- 2023-07-04 Tipa compostable packaging now ‘Made in the USA’ as well