- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
EPA Registered Biopesticide Botector®:
US(CA): New organic product available to prevent Botrytis in grape and berry production
Developed by bio-ferm GmbH of Tulln, Austria, and exclusively marketed in the United States by Westbridge Agricultural Products of Vista, California, Botector® is a highly effective biocontrol product that works by natural competition for space and nutrients. Gray mold, caused by the fungus Botrytis cinerea, is a common disease that seriously impacts grapes and berries. It can be responsible for crop losses of more than 50% and can negatively affect the quality of grapes and berries.
Botector® consists of two strains of Aureobasidium pullulans, which are naturally-occurring, ubiquitous microorganisms. These highly efficient microorganisms aggressively colonize and block the gray mold pathogen from infecting the flower or berry surface, preventing the pathogen’s growth. Since Botector® acts as a competitive antagonist and does not directly affect the metabolism of the pathogen, there is no risk of developing resistance, even with frequent applications.
Botector® has proven efficacy in more than four years of research and commercial trials under a variety of growing conditions. It has shown no negative impact upon fruit quality or the wine fermentation process and is safe for use around bees and beneficial insects. Control is achieved by applying the product alone or in combination with other products in a program of Integrated Pest Management. Botector® is exempt from Maximum Residue Limits (MRL’s), so there is no Pre-Harvest Interval (PHI), making it an ideal product to use when pesticide residues are a concern. It is approved for use in organic grape and berry production by the EPA and Washington State Department of Agriculture’s Organic Food Program.
Since 1982, Westbridge Agricultural Products has been a leading manufacturer and distributor of liquid organic fertilizers and specialty products. From its TRIGGRR® and Organic BioLink® to Earthtrend® Sustainables and SUNBurst® products, Westbridge provides a portfolio of high quality inputs that provide solutions to growers facing challenges in disease control, pest resistance and nutrient management.
For more information:
Westbridge Agricultural Products
1260 Avenida Chelsea
Vista, Ca 92081
Fax (760) 599-6965
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-05 First report of Thrips parvispinus in Canada, and spread in the USA
- 2023-12-01 Bumblebees are still being harmed by pesticides, study
- 2023-12-01 "A entire season of not spraying against mildew? It's possible!"
- 2023-11-29 Effective vaccine against cow parasite thanks to modification of sugar structures in plant
- 2023-11-28 AU: Forces combine to shield vegetable industry from exotic pest threats
- 2023-11-27 Argentina: ToBRFV detected in Buenos Aires
- 2023-11-22 Invasion of the tomato moth spells trouble for Kazakhstan's growers
- 2023-11-21 New database Dutch Names of Plant Diseases
- 2023-11-17 Certis Belchim partners with Novozymes on new Biorational fungicid
- 2023-11-16 Navigating the energy efficiency, greenhouse lighting, and pollination success
- 2023-11-13 The importance of hand hygiene in battling rugose
- 2023-11-10 Russia: Inspectors stops ToBRFV-infected tomatoes coming from China
- 2023-11-10 Osmo receives $8.5 million to advance AI-enabled insect control
- 2023-11-09 Bayer considers spinning off crop protection
- 2023-11-09 A new barrier against downy mildew in basil
- 2023-11-09 New ToLCNDV information center