- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
AU: Seeds of success for Enza Zaden
The plant breeders at Enza Zaden develop the species to create the best progeny to sow utilizing conventional breeding methodology and intensive disease screening techniques. "We develop varieties so that they're better suited to the climate conditions, improve taste or nutritional value and cope better with disease or pests," Mr Fenwick said.
"Breeding trials and seed productions are performed both on farm and in commercial growing regions. The purpose of research and development activities in Australia are to support the development of the new commercial varieties for the global market. We develop new lines for the growers. The site is a 54-hectare property outside of Narromine, complete with laboratory, glasshouse, storage, processing sheds, seed storage facilities, plastic clad tunnel houses and seed raising facilities."
"Breeders select the progeny with the most positive traits and least negative traits, cross the selected progeny back to one of the original parent plants to transfer the more positive traits into the following generation."
The company performs contra season trials and productions to double conventional breeding capacity and halve the time to sell products.
Narromine's Enza Zaden is one station of 20 world wide. It is a part of a 75-year-old family owned company based in the Netherlands.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 Germany: Joint scaling of harvesting robots
- 2023-11-29 Rosselkhoznadzor limits supplies of seed and planting material from the Netherlands
- 2023-11-29 "Sayuri", the only greenhouse complex in the world located in the permafrost region
- 2023-11-29 “This year we want to reach the English market with our organic products”
- 2023-11-29 NL: Green Simplicity receives green light for 1 ha facility
- 2023-11-28 “We have specialists for this project too"
- 2023-11-28 Martin Stolze preps up to anticipate next growth of international horti
- 2023-11-28 UK: Still time for agri and food-tech businesses to apply for innovation grants of up to £300,000
- 2023-11-28 US (AZ): USDA issues $250k grant to Tucson aquaponic farm
- 2023-11-27 Maf Roda acquires Caustier
- 2023-11-27 Northern Lights and Yara sign agreement on CO2 transport and storage
- 2023-11-24 Meike van Ginneken joins Netherlands Water Partnership's Advisory Board
- 2023-11-22 USDA PACA updates
- 2023-11-22 Ukraine: Grants of 503.3 thousand euros distributed to develop orchards and greenhouses
- 2023-11-21 Rabo horticulture barometer: business confidence up slightly
- 2023-11-21 Las- & Montagebedrijf FBO and the Voorwinden Group continue together