- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
US (NY): Intergrow expands, adds lights for Northeast Winter production
Vice President of Sales & Marketing Kris Gibson added, "The demand for year-round locally grown produce justified the substantial investment needed to grow tomatoes during the winter months in New York. Warm weather and sunlight are in limited supply during the Northeast Winters, but with the addition of lights we can now create optimal growing conditions year-round. Our customers will be able to have locally grown tomatoes on the vine and beefsteak tomatoes delivered within 24 hours of harvest providing the freshest tomatoes possible even in the middle of winter." The expansion and addition of lights is projected to be ready for harvest in 2014.
To complete the project, Intergrow will be installing approximately 9,000 light fixtures, vertical fans, and double curtain systems to help regulate the temperature and humidity in the greenhouses. The pack house facilities will also be upgraded with new automated systems to handle the increased production and acreage.
Intergrow Greenhouses Inc. is the largest greenhouse tomato producer in the Northeast located in New York State along the shores of Lake Ontario. Founded in 1998, Intergrow ships across the Northeast and Midwest with their own fleet of reefer trailers, reducing food miles for retailers and distributors. Intergrow’s operation is one of the most sustainable in the business. With an almost entirely closed irrigation system, the greenhouse uses rainwater to irrigate the plants and biomass fuel to heat the greenhouse that has a double curtain system, reducing heat demand to a minimum.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-07 Agrospheres compelets expansion of $25M series B round
- 2023-12-07 Norway: New vertical farm to supply retailer with 110 tons of leafy greens yearly
- 2023-12-07 Jiashan Sino-Dutch Horticulture Innovation Center opened during the horticultural trade mission to China
- 2023-12-06 "60 percent of our production is sold via the Munich wholesale market"
- 2023-12-06 WPK getting acquired by three owners
- 2023-12-06 Construction of new Multivac production factory starts
- 2023-12-06 AdeptAg partners with Hoogendoorn
- 2023-12-06 Syngenta joins the Phytobiomes Alliance
- 2023-12-05 Jong Fruit celebrates 15th anniversary
- 2023-12-05 Glasmij celebrates 100 years of activity
- 2023-12-05 Astanor Ventures welcomes Thomas Nagy as Operational Partner
- 2023-12-05 New partnership to explore cultivation of proteins, novel food, and medicine
- 2023-12-04 "We must decide if we want an 'outsourcing' model in Morocco or to maintain a productive self-sufficiency"
- 2023-12-04 GreenV invests in Mexican market with GreenV Mexico
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district