- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
US (CA): Nunhems’ Salad Team helping build a better community
Tatum’s family rallied a community to fundraise and gather support to build a playground, which is now the only one of its kind with in a 250 mile radius. Monterey County Public schools has enrolled over 6,800 children whom have some type of special need, whether that is physical, emotional or mental, and that does not count children like Tatum who are below school-age, or those in the private sector. This playground will change the lives of thousands of children and their care givers in the Salinas Valley.
Nunhems’ Salad team was a dedicated part of the uprising for this children’s playground. Tatum’s Garden is themed after the agriculture of the Salinas Valley and many sections of the play structure are dedicated to specific crops. Nunhems’ Salad team has sponsored a large portion of the “Spinach Zone”. Specifically Nunhems’ donation supported the building of several specific components, such as, the “Super Spinach Spinner”, “Salad Spinner”, and the “Spinach Activity Wall”.
Another large portion of the playground that Nunhems was deeply involved in was the actual building of the playground. Thousands of volunteers took shifts September 10th through the 15th to literally lend a hand to see this project completed. The Salad team hydrated this project by donating over 2,000 bottles of water, specially designed with ‘Nunhems’ logo labels’ for the project build days. The Salad team and their friends and family felt so strongly about this cause that they picked up tools and donated their time building the actual playground.
Dawn Klawitter talks about what a touching experience this event was for everyone that was a part of it. “It’s hard to say how our team feels without tears because we received more than we imagined possible. Our hearts are full of joy and pride right now. We all are proud to be a part of this event, proud that our company was a part of this, and proud to live and work in such a great community.” Not only was this an excellent opportunity for Nunhems to be connected to their community, but also a way for individuals to come together and build a closer knit Salad Team.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-28 “We help companies across continents resolve disputes”
- 2023-09-28 CAN: Provincial government investing in infrastructure for vegetable production
- 2023-09-28 Primeur Fruit Attraction Edition now available to read online
- 2023-09-28 "By pooling our knowledge and networks in Spain and the Netherlands together, we are turning 1+1 into 3"
- 2023-09-28 ScottsMiracle-Gro announces executive team retirements and reorganization
- 2023-09-28 "Product availability is our biggest challenge by far"
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"
- 2023-09-27 Said El Ouakili joins KUBO as new Regional Sales Director
- 2023-09-27 Vivent receives new funding to expand market for 'wearables for plants'
- 2023-09-27 ISO appoints Martin Maasland as CEO
- 2023-09-27 Jordi Ferre joins Coolsan Australia’s mission to get more food to more mouths
- 2023-09-27 Developer of cultivation systems declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-27 May Chang elected as new Vineland Board Chair
- 2023-09-27 Infarm's Dutch branch declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-27 CAN (AB): “Geothermal energy will stabilize energy and retail prices throughout the year”
- 2023-09-26 "Our focus is on scaling up cost-effectively"
- 2023-09-26 Ridder celebrates 70 years
- 2023-09-25 Industry changemakers inspire business success
- 2023-09-25 Making sustainable choices in horticulture
- 2023-09-25 US (CA): Revamped USC Hotel Garden provides fresh produce to campus restaurants