- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Mulitinational Sharp begins tests for growing strawberries in Dubai
Strawberries are popular in the Middle East, but it is difficult to keep their freshness during transport as they are perishable and spoil easily.
Sharp is collecting data at the plant factory where the inside environment is appropriately controlled using the company's technologies and products such as light-emitting diode lights, air conditioners, and equipments to monitor temperature and humidity.
The Osaka-based company invested roughly $100,000, or 9.9 million yen, to build the laboratory test facility on the premises of its local sales subsidiary in Dubai, where up to 3,000 strawberries can be produced per month.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-28 “We help companies across continents resolve disputes”
- 2023-09-28 CAN: Provincial government investing in infrastructure for vegetable production
- 2023-09-28 Primeur Fruit Attraction Edition now available to read online
- 2023-09-28 "By pooling our knowledge and networks in Spain and the Netherlands together, we are turning 1+1 into 3"
- 2023-09-28 ScottsMiracle-Gro announces executive team retirements and reorganization
- 2023-09-28 "Product availability is our biggest challenge by far"
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"
- 2023-09-27 Said El Ouakili joins KUBO as new Regional Sales Director
- 2023-09-27 Vivent receives new funding to expand market for 'wearables for plants'
- 2023-09-27 ISO appoints Martin Maasland as CEO
- 2023-09-27 Jordi Ferre joins Coolsan Australia’s mission to get more food to more mouths
- 2023-09-27 Developer of cultivation systems declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-27 May Chang elected as new Vineland Board Chair
- 2023-09-27 Infarm's Dutch branch declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-27 CAN (AB): “Geothermal energy will stabilize energy and retail prices throughout the year”
- 2023-09-26 "Our focus is on scaling up cost-effectively"
- 2023-09-26 Ridder celebrates 70 years
- 2023-09-25 Industry changemakers inspire business success
- 2023-09-25 Making sustainable choices in horticulture
- 2023-09-25 US (CA): Revamped USC Hotel Garden provides fresh produce to campus restaurants