Top 5 -yesterday
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- Understanding the profitability of your greenhouse
- Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- Agave: The new drought-tolerant California crop?
- US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
- "We can now capture the whole value chain, from young plants to the consumer"
Top 5 -last month
Mulitinational Sharp begins tests for growing strawberries in Dubai
Strawberries are popular in the Middle East, but it is difficult to keep their freshness during transport as they are perishable and spoil easily.
Sharp is collecting data at the plant factory where the inside environment is appropriately controlled using the company's technologies and products such as light-emitting diode lights, air conditioners, and equipments to monitor temperature and humidity.
The Osaka-based company invested roughly $100,000, or 9.9 million yen, to build the laboratory test facility on the premises of its local sales subsidiary in Dubai, where up to 3,000 strawberries can be produced per month.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-15 Robert Sauer returns to his own company
- 2022-08-15 Asfertglobal increases its sales by 20% in the first half of the year
- 2022-08-15 The Netherlands: Turning insects into fertilizer, feed and oil
- 2022-08-15 Brazil: $1 mln investment in wasabi greenhouse production
- 2022-08-15 Breeder showcases vegetable varieties at summer seed trials
- 2022-08-15 Tony van Egmond joins Ushio Europe Group as Sales Manager Horticulture
- 2022-08-12 New back-to-school snacks hit the market
- 2022-08-12 “It is like a marathon run, and we want to finish first!”
- 2022-08-12 Patromex and DIDIHU partnership invests in modern plant for value-added coconut substrates
- 2022-08-12 UAE’s Pure Harvest considers a number of debt structures to expand to Asia
- 2022-08-12 USDA grants $100,000 to Lee County School District for farm-to-school projects
- 2022-08-12 Corteva Agriscience has filed a lawsuit against Bayer and Monsanto
- 2022-08-12 UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- 2022-08-12 US (NY): New vertical farm opened to create fungi-based bacon
- 2022-08-12 Russia to ban some imports of seeds from Europe and Canada
- 2022-08-12 "Every time we can anticipate, we win"
- 2022-08-11 "Production volume of Chinese strawberry tomatoes grew by 20%-30% this year"
- 2022-08-11 US (CA): Davis greenhouse grows lettuce using minimal water
- 2022-08-11 Nair elected VP of Extension with American Society for Horticultural Science
- 2022-08-11 Oregon high school to get ARPA funds for a greenhouse project