- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
US: World Food Prize president circulates letter supporting biotechnology
It also expresses appreciation for the theme and honorees of this year's World Food Prize.
The event, which will be held in Des Moines in mid-October, is unfortunately being criticized in some NGO activist circles for honoring three leaders in agricultural biotechnology research.
This letter serves a similar purpose as that which was signed last year and sent to the President supporting the role of ag innovation in feeding the world.
Public opinion surrounding GMOs seems to be slowly shifting, and this is just another step on the road to increasing public knowledge and consideration of the great potential of this technology.
To read the letter click here.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Linköping will grow more climate-smart tomatoes
- 2022-12-02 Canada: New growing containers will bring the green to Nipissing
- 2022-12-02 "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- 2022-12-02 Growth of specialty crops highlights need for expanded risk management tools
- 2022-12-01 BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- 2022-12-01 Germany: Vanilla, pepper, and vegetables cultivated in new research center
- 2022-11-30 NZ: Sweet scent part of mushroom’s appeal
- 2022-11-30 US (NY): Owners of Rockland farm say town unexpectedly closed one of their greenhouses
- 2022-11-30 Philippines: Young Kapampangan entrepreneur develops hydroponic system
- 2022-11-30 Welsh leek officially protected as it gains UK GI status
- 2022-11-30 Yuma, Arizona region offers up its own challenges for lettuce supplies
- 2022-11-29 Tropicalia Greenhouse in Northern France blends perfectly with surroundings
- 2022-11-29 NZ: Foodbank benefits from university glasshouse
- 2022-11-29 Podcast: space tomatoes and Eu:CROPIS
- 2022-11-29 Asia-Pacific federation for informatin technology in agriculture
- 2022-11-28 US (OH): Food waste being turned into compost for greenhouse
- 2022-11-28 WUR develops apps for 3D image recognition
- 2022-11-28 Fast and reliable measurement of the freshness and shelf life of tomato
- 2022-11-28 Inside the farm growing mushrooms in the Abu Dhabi desert
- 2022-11-24 US (NC): Hydroponic units supply food pantry