- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Ghana: Workshop to focus on better use of agro chemicals, organic fertilizers
This was made known by Ms Evelyn Bema Darkwa, Executive Director of HUCAM, at a stakeholders’ meeting and capacity building workshop for vegetables farmers in the district at Bechem.
It was organised by the NGO with support from the United Nation Development Programme (UNDP) and attended by 450 vegetable farmers in the district.
The workshop was aimed at developing the capacity of local farmers in integrated pest management and the best alternative farming practice for sustainable agriculture.
The objective of the project is to raise awareness on the effect of the wrong use of chemicals and persistent organic pollutants and to also support the farmers to adopt organic farming in the production of vegetables.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-21 How to identify a nutrient deficiency in hydroponic basil
- 2023-09-20 Cucumber grower sees production increase and more efficient cultivations after applying nano-fertilizers
- 2023-09-13 Toopi Organics secures €16M to flood European agricultural markets with urine-based biostimulants
- 2023-09-08 UK: Biostimulant increases yield by 17%
- 2023-09-08 Van Iperen International to expand GreenSwitch Nitrate factory
- 2023-09-05 Boosting root development with Ascophyllum Nodosum biostimulant
- 2023-08-21 UK: New range of biofertilizers launched
- 2023-08-14 Composition and production of circular fertilizer
- 2023-08-11 BASF and Vivagro to jointly distribute biological fungicide and insecticide
- 2023-08-10 Impello Biosciences adds two new biostimulants
- 2023-08-08 Overdose of boron in propagating strawberry plants
- 2023-07-11 Egbert Bok joins Intrahorti as sales manager
- 2023-07-11 Enzymes as biostimulants to make plants more resilient
- 2023-07-06 Japan: Don't flush the toilet, you may need it to fertilize plants
- 2023-07-05 Sustainable Agro Solutions acquires Biovert
- 2023-06-20 Symbiotic and pathogenic fungi may use similar molecular tools to manipulate plants
- 2023-06-14 Ireland: Kerry firm part of project to boost crop resilience to climate change
- 2023-06-14 Magnesium deficiency in tomatoes
- 2023-06-02 How to control the microbiome in soilless cultivation?
- 2023-05-30 Cheaper fertilizer is a relief for Australian farmers