- Market and promote local food
- Strengthen regional and local food networks by increasing partnerships along the supply chain
- Use new and innovative equipment and processes to boost the supply, quality, availability and distribution of local food
Kathleen Wynne, Premier and Minister of Agriculture and Food: "Supporting local food does so much for Ontario. We are committed to working with our industry partners to increase the demand for local food, which will feed local economies across the province. By supporting partnerships and innovation, this fund will make sure more people benefit from the good things that grow in Ontario.”
Supporting local food is part of the Ontario government's plan to grow the economy, create jobs and help people with their everyday lives.
- Foodshare Toronto’s good food programs reach more than 155,000 children and adults per month.
- Ontario has invested more than $116 million to support local food since 2003.
- The agriculture and food sector, from farm to fork, contributes approximately $34 billion to the provincial economy and supports more than 740,000 jobs across Ontario.