- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Valoya LEDs used in response study with mother plants and daughter ramets
An ongoing research project simulates conditions in forest understories in a greenhouse and examines how plants response to differences in the light they perceive. Varying amounts of blue light, and red to far-red ratio (R:FR), in Valoya LED lights are coupled with UV-B radiation. These varying light environments are used to study responses in strawberries, more specifically responses between mother plants and their daughter ramets. Light-induced signalling is examined by keeping the interconnected mother-daughter in different light conditions, e.g., the mother plant under Valoya light + UV-B tubes and the ramet under Valoya light without UV-B radiation. Plant hormones and other signalling chemicals are then measured and analyzed by an expert in biophysics and biochemistry, PhD student Jakub Nezval from University of Ostrava, Czech Republic.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 Chinese astronauts tend a 'space garden' in orbit
- 2023-09-29 "Sustainable cleaning of durable soil cloth, a great solution for plant growers"
- 2023-09-27 "We managed to produce tomatoes without chemicals on 13.5 hectares this year"
- 2023-09-27 A farmer from Aktobe supplies melons year round
- 2023-09-27 CAN (ON): Durham College’s indoor farm supports local food security
- 2023-09-27 New greenhouses covering 6000 sq m to grow Kiwi Plants
- 2023-09-26 "Rise of fresh packs boosts Dutch zucchini consumption"
- 2023-09-26 "Up to 200 kg of baby greens per sq/m with new leafy greens platform"
- 2023-09-25 Chinese scientists work to design tomatoes suitable for mechanical harvesting
- 2023-09-25 New joint-venture addresses shading, coatings, and cleaning products
- 2023-09-22 Climate change positive for tomato cultivation in Lebanon's high mountains
- 2023-09-22 "The cold winter weather in our area allows us to completely cut the cycle of the tomato virus"
- 2023-09-22 'Collaboration succeeds in growing saline plants using saltwater sources'
- 2023-09-21 Chinese taikonauts harvest space vegetables aboard Tiangong space station
- 2023-09-21 Nitrogen and potassium key to nutrient uptake
- 2023-09-20 Low nitrate nutrition for new strawberry product
- 2023-09-20 US: USDA invests $200k in Oklahoma aquaponics program
- 2023-09-20 Photo report: Propagation professionals unite during knowledge exchange event
- 2023-09-19 Tunnel Farm: one of the few cases of underground 'indoor vertical farming' in the world
- 2023-09-18 CAN (AB): GoodLeaf's Calgary vertical farm in full production