- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
US: Texas growers to learn how to lengthen crop production season
The morning session, beginning at 8:30 a.m., will pertain to reasons for growing fruits and vegetables in a high tunnel. There will be an overview on use of the structures in the US and around the world plus talks on how to construct a tunnel that will endure Texas weather, selecting crops, pest management and the Natural Resources Conservation Service’s high tunnel initiative, EQIP, that may provide cost savings to growers wanting to build a high tunnel.
The afternoon session, from 1-4:30 p.m., will pertain to strawberry production in high tunnels. Speakers will talk about the challenges of strawberry production, marketing, heat and moisture stress, diseases and organic production of the fruit.
Until Sept. 22, online preregistration at http://bit.ly/1ctfiDz is $55 for the high tunnel conference and $80 for the fruit conference, or $125 for both. At-the-door registration for the fruit conference will be $90. Register by phone at (979) 845-2604. For room reservations at the hotel, call (979) 731-5300.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 Sergeant major is pelted with barrage of vegetables
- 2023-11-30 “The world needs 100% sustainable agriculture”
- 2023-11-30 "Seed sector sees progress on the road to enhancing the multilateral system in 2025"
- 2023-11-30 India: Protected cropping conference kicks off at SHUATS campus
- 2023-11-30 Enhancing availability of improved vegetable varieties in Tanzania
- 2023-11-29 Photo report: Global Berry Congress
- 2023-11-29 Pest management strategic plan (PMSP) workshop for strawberries
- 2023-11-27 Photo report: GrowTech 2023, Antalya, Turkey
- 2023-11-27 KG Systems & KG Greenhouses participate in CollegeTour
- 2023-11-27 US (ME): Greenhouse grower receives 'Business at Work for Maine' award
- 2023-11-24 Abu Dhabi: First edition of Horti Agri Next MEA in photos
- 2023-11-24 US (TX): Controlled Environment Horticulture Conference set for Dec. 7-8 in Dallas
- 2023-11-24 Harvest robots? Irrigation is what it's about at GrowTech Antalya
- 2023-11-24 Photo report: German berry industry meets at ExpoSE
- 2023-11-23 phenoLytcis wins Seed Innovation Challenge Award 2023
- 2023-11-23 HortEx Vietnam organizers partner with IPM Essen