- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
US: Impact investor discusses the affordability of local organic produce
According to the Wall Street Journal article published on August 23, 2013, titled, “The Next Frontier of the Organic Food War: Making It Affordable,” there are several big-name grocery retailers, like Whole Foods and Sprouts Farmers Markets, who are attempting to bring down the costs of locally grown food and organic produce.
Philippe van den Bossche, an impact investor and advocate of sustainable agriculture, says, “It is reassuring to see that these retailers are looking to make organic produce more affordable for consumers. Many people are deterred from incorporating organic foods into their diets because of the elevated costs. These efforts to lower prices may influence those who normally don’t purchase organic produce to give it a try.”
Organic farming has become more popular over the past decade. However, organic produce remains more expensive than traditionally grown foods. This price difference has been the major constraint to the rise of organic farming. If these prominent brands can lower costs, van den Bossche feels confident the organic farming industry will see a significant increase in demand.
“As the popularity of organics increases, more awareness is being raised about the benefits of introducing organic foods into our diets,” he says.
Philippe van den Bossche is an impact entrepreneur and investor and Chairman/Owner of Advancing Eco Agriculture (AEA), a leading organic agricultural and horticultural consulting and manufacturing company located in Middlefield, Ohio. AEA provides consulting services and specialty nutritional products to farms throughout the United States and Canada. Mr. van den Bossche is an advocate for organic farming and agriculture.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-24 The advantages of vertical farming in Ukraine
- 2023-11-06 Ukraine: Business cultivates and sells microgreens and edible flowers
- 2023-10-26 “The State of Organic Growing" keynote presentation
- 2023-10-05 Frank van der Helm: "When considering destructive interventions in cultivation, think carefully about interventions that kill what lives"
- 2023-10-03 Regenerative agriculture and what it means for organic
- 2023-10-03 Growcoon officially approved for organic cultivation in Spain
- 2023-10-02 "Decisions on gene editing regulation in Canada must be made independently"
- 2023-09-29 Two new ed sessions announced for Organic Grower Summit
- 2023-09-04 Educational session on Strengthening Organic Enforcement
- 2023-09-04 Rugby league legend backing Australian Organic Awareness Month
- 2023-07-21 Organic greenhouse grown strawberry launched
- 2023-07-05 A unique aquaponic farm for growing microgreens is developing near Astrakhan
- 2023-06-21 Organic living lettuces in the spotlight
- 2023-06-20 Organic greenhouse grown strawberries will complement field category
- 2023-06-12 Two new papers for organic propagation launched
- 2023-06-05 "A great opportunity to showcase organic produce"