- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
Canada: Year round Kalanchoe production at Waldan garden's
Waldan Gardens was constructed in 1999. Before construction could begin, a modest plan for 6 hoop house had become obsolete and in its place a one acre gutter connected greenhouse, and 6,000sq ft of warehouse were erected. Built on a foundation of quality and consistency we have grown the business to 4.5 acres to meet the increasing demand of customers.
Year round Kalanchoe and Calandiva production is featured alongside seasonal specialties such as Exacum, Double Flower Gloxinia, Hydrangea, Gerbera, Lisianthus, Cyclamen, Poinsettia’s, and hanging baskets that are introduced throughout the year.
Waldan Gardens serves the wholesale floral supply chain with potted plants for dish garden production, interiorscapers, and retail distribution within Florist, Grocers, Garden Centers, and Super Centers. Their plants reach consumer across Canada and the USA, thanks to the 700 plus retailers serviced by strong wholesale partners providing marketing and logistical support.
Production is none stop; weekly production at Waldan means the team is always looking ahead. “Our customers count on use to have inventory at a moment’s notice. Each week we are planting, preparing and caring for your next order. Variety selection plays an important role. The varieties we grow are selected for superiority in several factors including: color, shape, shelf life, uniformity, and ethylene resistance. By staying current in the trailing of new variety we are well positioned for the rapid release of products.” – Chris Newhouse
For more information: www.waldangardens.com and www.flowerscanadagrowers.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-07 Tomatoes can potentially reduce risk of high blood pressure
- 2023-11-30 Concerns about endive harvest quality
- 2023-11-29 Sweet Karoline blackberries arriving late December
- 2023-11-23 Taking a closer look at the world’s most expensive fruits
- 2023-11-13 Bananatex launches compostable jersey made from Abacá banana plants
- 2023-11-10 YUM YUMS cherry tomatoes unveiled
- 2023-11-07 "We're combating unhealthy snacks with seedless snack bell peppers"
- 2023-10-31 Zucchiolo, a cross between cucumber and zucchini
- 2023-10-31 Product innovation continues in greenhouse industry with new pepper variety
- 2023-10-26 New celery snack launched
- 2023-10-19 Melatonin from tomatoes? Seems like it
- 2023-10-18 Butter lettuce-based salad kits hit the market
- 2023-10-17 Lettuce brand extends with new salad kits
- 2023-10-13 App analyses tomato appearance within seconds
- 2023-10-13 "Plastic is still plastic no matter how you look at it"
- 2023-10-13 New premium berry line on the way