- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
US (CA): Marco to build new Yield Control System for Windset in Santa Maria
The YCM system, which has a proven track record of improving packhouse productivity by up to 30%, will be used to help Windset ramp up throughput of their wide range of pre-packed tomatoes. The YCM concept is designed to simplify and deskill the manual packing process, whilst significantly increasing line speeds and reducing overpack/giveaway. For this installation, Windset will benefit from Marco’s ingenious ‘one light–one fruit’ operator display, which is now a standard feature within the latest version of YCM.
Each light segment on the visual light display represents a single fruit. This feature significantly increases the speed of the packing process and is ideal when the fresh produce being packed in a particular batch run has consistent proportions. The YCM terminals can be pre-programmed to store different types and weights of tomato, making pack line changes very simple and rapid. As pre-packed tomatoes travel down the packing line, they are placed on the scale and then operators are visually prompted to ‘add’ or ‘take out’ individual fruits to ensure pack weight compliance.
Marco’s AO (Automatic Optimization) software runs quietly in the background constantly checking and fine tuning target weights at each station to ensure giveaway is virtually eradicated. This clear visual method of indication target weight compliance also reduces operator training requirements.
Windset’s Chief Operating Officer John Newell has been very impressed with the Marco solution: “The results are very conclusive and there is clear justification for this investment in their YCM system. We are looking forward to benefiting from the subsequent improvements in productivity following completion of the installation.”
For more information:
Tel: +44 (0)1732 782 380
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-28 New cling film technology provides certified recyclable alternative to PVC films
- 2023-11-27 Europe wants to save the planet, but its share of plastic pollution is only 5 percent
- 2023-11-23 New solution adds value and ease to machine-harvested blueberries
- 2023-11-22 "There will be no regression to classic plastic packaging"
- 2023-11-20 What will the war on plastic cost the fresh produce industry?
- 2023-11-14 A smart solution for packing small fruits and mushrooms
- 2023-11-14 Plug plant and seed tray packs ensure safe seed deliveries
- 2023-11-13 More and more innovations in advanced packaging
- 2023-11-07 WPTC European tomato production update
- 2023-11-07 Compostable packaging: keeping produce fresh and sustainable
- 2023-11-06 "In the end, rising freight costs lead to higher offer prices in retail"
- 2023-11-02 "Cold chain temperature monitoring maximizes shelf-life and reduces food waste"
- 2023-11-02 Dutch branch Celtic Refrigeration has bankruptcy declared - talks on restart ongoing
- 2023-11-01 Corrugated packaging gets smarter and greener
- 2023-11-01 "With the press of a button, from 200g iceberg lettuce to 600g spinach"
- 2023-10-16 New bundling machine unveiled at Fruit Attraction