- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Bulgarian tomatoes to get a passport
The initiative of the Ministry of Agriculture will be realized this fall and the entry into the register will be for free.
According to the minister this way it will be known what and when it is produced and what quantities will enter the market. This way oversupply could be avoided, Grekov noted.
The new system will hit the current manipulations of imported vegetables which have been disabling the Bulgarian farmers for years.
The register is not about taxes, Grekov reassured producers. In addition, he promised a stimulus to agriculture. Large retail chains already opened their doors to Bulgarian vegetables and fruits. The Minister of Agriculture today opened the first market only for local fruits and vegetables in Plovdiv. The market is located in the parking lot of the Metro -2 store, which provides the area and stands to farmers for free. According to the minister, through the chains of the store, the local products will soon reach to other EU countries. This would enable manufacturers to offer their products directly and they should reach consumers at reasonable prices, Professor Grekov said. According to him, this way the middlemen who are increasing the prices could be avoided.
The Ministry is also preparing a regulation to control the import of agricultural products. This would not be about tariffs and customs restrictions, but rather documentation of the origin and quality, because we have seen that most of the imported goods are cheap, but not of good quality, the head of the Bulgarian agricultural sector noted.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-30 Concerns about endive harvest quality
- 2023-11-29 Sweet Karoline blackberries arriving late December
- 2023-11-23 Taking a closer look at the world’s most expensive fruits
- 2023-11-13 Bananatex launches compostable jersey made from Abacá banana plants
- 2023-11-10 YUM YUMS cherry tomatoes unveiled
- 2023-11-07 "We're combating unhealthy snacks with seedless snack bell peppers"
- 2023-10-31 Zucchiolo, a cross between cucumber and zucchini
- 2023-10-31 Product innovation continues in greenhouse industry with new pepper variety
- 2023-10-26 New celery snack launched
- 2023-10-19 Melatonin from tomatoes? Seems like it
- 2023-10-18 Butter lettuce-based salad kits hit the market
- 2023-10-17 Lettuce brand extends with new salad kits
- 2023-10-13 App analyses tomato appearance within seconds
- 2023-10-13 "Plastic is still plastic no matter how you look at it"
- 2023-10-13 New premium berry line on the way
- 2023-10-12 Canadian greenhouse grower expands grape tomato line