- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- Yuksel Seeds expands its presence in China
- In eight years, Ranjit Singh has become one of New Zealand’s largest telegraph cucumber growers
- Berry farm cluster model from Panama to the globe
- Cloth washer thoroughly cleans shredded cloth during crop changes
- UK: £60m worth of food wasted due to lack of workers, NFU warned
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
Armenia: New campaign to help local farmers build greenhouses
For the past 20 years, the farmers in Berkaber have not been able to farm because their land, located on the other side of the village's reservoir, is under the occupation of Azeri military forces. Thankfully, there is a solution. With the partnership of Sahman NGO, ONEArmenia will build four greenhouses in the backyards of four homes in Berkaber, creating not only a regular source of food but also a pathway to steady income for each family, as produce can be sold and traded at market rates for three seasons out of the year. Each greenhouse will measure 100 square meters and can yield up to 50 kilograms of produce per day. The produce grown inside the greenhouses is all-organic, and water is dispersed throughout the structure using an eco-friendly drip system.
According to Sahman NGO, this type of farming is new to Berkaber. However, a team of agriculturists will visit the village regularly to train farmers on how to maintain and expand their greenhouses. Once built, the greenhouses will consistently produce organically-grown fruits and vegetables that the farmers can then sell to neighboring villages and as part of a co-op at the bazaar in nearby Idjevan.
Agriculture is the economic foundation of most countries, and for developing countries the most likely source of economic growth. The impact that four greenhouses can make on this tiny village is quite significant. The creation of greenhouses thus alleviates poverty by empowering the community to grow its own food.
Non-profit funding platform ONEArmenia was founded in September 2012 to stand side-by-side with the change-making individuals and the organizations they represent, using social media and crowd-funding to involve anyone with an Internet connection in boosting projects that are geared toward making tangible change in Armenia. The non-profit is based on its three-pillar commitment to global collaboration, freshness and transparency. This means that the ONEArmenia network makes it possible to not only raise money for a project based in Armenia as a worldwide community, but to also track the progress of said project with complete access to financial information.
The campaign is due to last until August 31st. Click here for more information.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-16 Angelique Chen designs device to simplify small-space farming
- 2022-08-16 Berry farm cluster model from Panama to the globe
- 2022-08-12 US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
- 2022-08-12 Technology upgrades and a brand refresh for Australian strawberry producer
- 2022-08-12 Special restaurant experience: 3D visualization of the food's journey to your plate
- 2022-08-11 James, Jack and the 13 feet cucumber plant
- 2022-08-10 UK: "Now into its 16th season, this site is still extremely efficient"
- 2022-08-09 How Singapore is turning multi-story car parks into farms
- 2022-08-09 Italy: New 2 hectare project makes products available all year round
- 2022-08-09 Dutch Berries: 20 hectares of high-tech strawberry cultivation
- 2022-08-08 Japanese strawberry grower increases production thanks to hanging kit
- 2022-08-08 IE: Boyne Valley community greenhouses helping to feed the hungry
- 2022-08-08 NZ: Downsizing crops, but passion for tomatoes remains strong
- 2022-07-22 Belgium: "In comparison to last year, we’ve doubled production, as well as our revenue"
- 2022-07-22 China: New demand for leafy vegetables brings opportunity to the industry
- 2022-07-21 China: Looking into a 73 hectare greenhouse park
- 2022-07-19 How plants are cooling greenhouses during the heatwave
- 2022-07-14 US (NY): Food trends are driving the demand for specialty mushrooms
- 2022-07-12 German retailer Kaufland and horti-family Reichenspurner open new greenhouse
- 2022-07-11 "New farms start operating by the end of the year"