- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
US: Floriculture InfoSearch Engine puts decades of info at your fingertips
The website also contains a floriculture archive with materials from AFE, NCSU, scientific journals and trade publications, all of which is accessible and searchable through one website.
“We want to thank a couple of floriculture pack rats, George Staby and Harold Wilkins, for opening their files to us and several industry groups and magazines for allowing us to scan and enter their articles,” project leader and NCSU Horticultural Science Department Head John Dole, Ph.D. said. “This project is a wonderful example of what can be done when several groups work together to benefit the floriculture industry.”
AFE, the NCSU College of Agriculture Life Sciences (CALS) and the NCSU Department of Horticultural Science are funding the project, available online now.
“I am excited about this project, as it will make horticultural research much more accessible and will safeguard the information should journals go out of print or researchers retire,” AFE treasurer/secretary Ken Altman of Altman’s Plants said.
The search engine will be continuously updated with additional information – dating as far back as the early 1800s – as it becomes available.
“Information is of no use to anyone if they can't find it,” Dole said. “The AFE Archive will allow everyone to easily find and use the rich trove of great scientific and trade articles published over the years.”
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-27 Foil greenhouse lets Dutch strawberry grower expand
- 2023-09-27 Providing a unique greenhouse experience and launch of new sweet pepper variety
- 2023-09-25 Greenhouse Cluster Development project is way in Georgia
- 2023-09-22 CAN: Horticultural center topped with roof informed by Fibonacci spirals
- 2023-09-21 Ukrainian farmers receive subsidies to develop the construction of gardens and greenhouses
- 2023-09-21 Greenhouse farming in the Mogilev region is switching to new technologies
- 2023-09-21 Far North grower forced to diversify crops due to strawberry shortage
- 2023-09-20 Lettuce industry Florida expands into new production systems
- 2023-09-20 Ukraine: Ivano-Frankivsk community are establishing a greenhouse farm
- 2023-09-20 Low- and mid-tech greenhouse constructions ready for assembly
- 2023-09-19 China: New glass greenhouse are under construction in Beijing
- 2023-09-18 Environmental association points out flaws in greenhouse expansion plan
- 2023-09-15 NL: Bejo's new plant nursery officially opened
- 2023-09-14 Philippines: Korean funded greenhouses set for turnover by November
- 2023-09-14 China: "This method saves 92 percent on water"
- 2023-09-14 US (NE): Greenhouse in the snow continues to flourish, adding international markets and commercial kits
- 2023-09-11 Guyana: Agriculture Minister Zulfikar Mustapha visits agricultural project AIEP
- 2023-09-11 US (NY): Work underway on $120M hydroponic lettuce farm in Lorena
- 2023-09-11 Philippines: BPI, Kopia launch vegetable project
- 2023-09-11 UAE: Pure Harvest co-founder plans salmon farming in the desert