- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Positive season but Autumn is still key for UK's gardening industry
The HTA Garden Retail Monitor shows June’s garden centre sales were up by 26% compared to 2012. Year to date sales are up 3% compared to this time last year and have now overtaken 2012 levels, but are down on 2011.
The Sunday People’s nationwide competition ‘Cultivation Street’ has helped generate coverage for gardening in media titles not traditionally associated with gardeners, which has helped to get the gardening message across to less committed and affluent gardeners.
This edition also takes a look at using the emotional appeal of plants to the senses of touch and smell to drive impulse purchasing. It highlights what retailers can do to inspire consumers and increase impulse purchasing and transaction values.
HTA Director General, Carol Paris, comments, “It’s pleasing to see the season pick up with the warmer weather resulting in improved consumer spending and consumer confidence. However, there is still some way to recovery after last year’s washout and we expect that Autumn and our ‘Plan it, Plant it Campaign’ will contribute positively for the final part of the year.”
The August edition of HTA Market Update is now available for members to download from the market information pages on the HTA website.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-05 Philippines: Experts encourage urban farming
- 2023-12-05 EU-27 fruit and vegetable exports to Canada are growing
- 2023-12-05 US (CA): Dept. of Agriculture announces recipients of organic transition pilot program
- 2023-12-05 UK Border Target Operating Model to come into effect on EU exports on January 31
- 2023-12-05 COP28: New AIIB-FAO partnership to boost rural infrastructure development to transform agrifood systems
- 2023-12-05 UK: ePhyto trial announced by Defra for Dutch plant & plant products imports
- 2023-12-05 "Growers have been supplying the Christmas market for a long time and are very adept at dealing with the pressures"
- 2023-12-05 "Fluctuating prices for Spanish greenhouse vegetables, quality not an issue"
- 2023-12-04 Spain: Andalusian greenhouse crops, on the verge of full production
- 2023-12-04 "The challenge lies not in marketing our products, but in maintaining production"
- 2023-12-04 South African ports: dire situation
- 2023-12-04 Updates to bulk citrus HLB Quarantine Requirements
- 2023-12-04 German market gardening in a European comparison - food sovereignty and food security take center stage
- 2023-12-04 US farmers are suffering from extreme weather
- 2023-12-04 "Limited supply drives strawberry prices up"
- 2023-12-01 USDA grant to support beginning farmer and rancher program