- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
US: Leading growers honored for recycling efforts
“Combined, the Million Bottle Club honorees have recycled 50 million bottles by growing in rEarth—that means 50 million fewer bottles polluting our oceans, streets, and landfills. Stacked end-to-end, that’s enough water bottles to stretch from Tokyo to New York, and back,” said Dave Edenfield, Business Development Manager at McConkey. “By choosing a 100% recycled, curbside-recyclable grow container made from water bottles, these 11 growers and others across the country are making a widespread positive impact on the environment.”
Plastic water bottle waste is a major environmental concern, with only 1 in 4 bottles recycled and 2.2 billion bottles thrown away every year. Products such as rEarth help to reduce the strain on the environment by diverting bottles away from landfills and re-forming them into curbside recyclable grower containers.
This year’s Million Bottle Award recipients include: 10 million bottles or more – Colorama Wholesale Nursery; 5 million bottles or more – Armstrong Garden Centers, Do Right’s Plant Growers; 1 million bottles or more – Kawahara Nursery, Cal Color Growers, YC Nurseries, Hong’s Nursery, Iwasaki Brothers, Smith Gardens, Certified Plant Growers and Sidhu & Sons.
The Million Bottle Award will be announced each summer, and is awarded based on the cumulative number of bottles recycled since the grower began using rEarth. “Many of our customers were very close to the million bottle mark this year,” said Dave. “We look forward to welcoming them to the Million Bottle Club next August.”
rEarth is manufactured by McConkey Company, a leading producer and distributor of horticultural goods, with locations in Sumner, WA, and Garden Grove, CA. A family-owned business for three generations, McConkey offers a wide product selection including containers, coverings, soil, and more. For more information, visit www.mcconkeyco.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-27 Malaysia: Cultivating sustainable ways to feed the country
- 2023-11-27 "It's crucial to promote urban farming to boost healthy eating habits in cities"
- 2023-11-27 Ecuador’s blueberry industry is the 'new kid on the block' with 52 weeks supply advantage
- 2023-11-27 Cuba turns to aquaponics to solve food shortage
- 2023-11-27 Indonesian greenhouse sets record with 5.8 kg melon
- 2023-11-24 Little boy is a big fan of broccoli, sleeps with it but doesn't eat it
- 2023-11-24 Berry entrepreneurs in Huelva venture into the medical cannabis industry
- 2023-11-24 “We are only producing first-class products”
- 2023-11-23 US: Mushroom farm yields 800 to 1000lbs weekly
- 2023-11-23 Norway: “We’re matching import prices to break into the market”
- 2023-11-23 Retirement beckons for NZ watercress trailblazers
- 2023-11-23 Introducing North American consumers to greenhouse-grown radishes
- 2023-11-22 US (NC): New partnership creates first-ever indoor hydroponic coffee farm
- 2023-11-21 Namibia: 3 hectare greenhouse grows hydroponic tomatoes and cut flowers
- 2023-11-21 US: Carl Gupton new CEO of Greenswell Growers
- 2023-11-20 US: "Working hard for little in return"