- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
UK: SafeRock® Minerals receive certification for use in organic agriculture from Organic Farmers & Growers
Organic Farmers & Growers (OF&G) provides an evaluation scheme for products that are not organic but are approved for use in organic farming or processing. It was at the forefront when organic standards were formalised across the UK and EU, becoming the first body to be accredited by the government to carry out inspection and certification in the sector. The scheme enables suppliers to reassure customers that their pre-approved products can be used in organic systems.
SafeRock® Minerals Ltd owns the unique sedimentary resource which was discovered as surface deposits in Northern Ireland. Recent trials have confirmed that when crushed to a powder it provides a unique blend of minerals and nutrients that is 100 percent recoverable. SafeRock® Minerals aim to use the resource to provide a natural holistic solution to the global crisis of soil degradation, as it increases microbial and earthworm activity, improves soil mineral and nutrient content as well as soil structure.
Bill Avery, Chief Agronomist SafeRock® Minerals, said: “To have certification from such a respected organisation such as OF&G certainly will assist and guarantee our customers a fully audited, quality assured resource. I am proud of the work we do in providing the agricultural sector with a remarkable natural soil conditioner which has been certified as suitable for organic farming.“
SafeRock® Minerals is committed to the research and development of the organic fertiliser, livestock feed, and human health markets, with the strategic aim that these endeavors will be of benefit to future generations.
For more information please visit our website www.saferockminerals.com which showcases our products and certifications.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-18 2023 Canadian harvest of horticultural peat moss as of August 31
- 2023-09-14 "Semi-substrate growing ensures rapid and uniform establishment immediately after planting"
- 2023-08-11 “Quality is the start and end point because it allows us to establish a price”
- 2023-08-10 New coco substrate uses the entire husk
- 2023-08-09 “Ideal solution for growers to transition from the soil to pots or substrate slabs”
- 2023-07-13 Growcoon awarded with the OK Compost Home certificate
- 2023-07-12 “Helping growers overcome growing media challenges”
- 2023-07-10 New growing medium solutions presented at Cultivate'23
- 2023-06-29 UK: New investment in peat in fight against climate change
- 2023-06-19 "Our sector is making a big contribution to making society more sustainable"
- 2023-06-08 Stephan Schmidt Group takes over customer base of clay segment from Griendstveen
- 2023-06-07 Hydrogel-based substrate shows promising results
- 2023-06-07 "Gardening world realizes the importance of treading lightly on Mother Earth's soil"
- 2023-05-24 Philippines: Development of coco coir to stop coconut farming waste
- 2023-05-17 Sustainable growing media for CEA
- 2023-05-12 Buffered coco coir achieves OMRI listing
- 2023-05-02 “Substrate enriched with organic compost offers powerful nutritional benefits to growers”
- 2023-05-01 "Our buffered cocopeat is widely used in the market"
- 2023-04-21 Constant supply of wood fibers, another step on the road to peat-free substrates
- 2023-04-03 “The horticultural sector is heading towards peat-free potting soil”