Top 5 -yesterday
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
US: Bayer CropScience moves veg R&D to 164,000-square-foot facility in West Sacramento
The move will relocate the company's vegetable seeds research and business management operations currently housed in Davis.
Bayer said it will also acquire an additional non-contiguous site on which to construct a greenhouse and test plot facility.
"We are focused on better leveraging our full research and development capabilities by both consolidating and expanding our global R&D organization," said David Nicholson, Bayer CropScience's head of research and development. "Our new facilities in West Sacramento will enable us to deliver integrated crop solutions more rapidly by intensifying the research links between our vegetable seeds and biologics experts and thus strengthening our innovative power."
The Sacramento Area Commerce and Trade Organization said the move will have an annual economic impact of more than $127 million.
"We're thrilled with Bayer's decision to locate in West Sacramento. The location will bring new jobs, revenue and opportunities for other businesses and industry sectors in the area," said West Sacramento Mayor Christopher Cabaldon.
Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/07/25/5596695/german-agrochemical-company-to.html#storylink=cpy
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-11 "Production volume of Chinese strawberry tomatoes grew by 20%-30% this year"
- 2022-08-11 US (CA): Davis greenhouse grows lettuce using minimal water
- 2022-08-11 Nair elected VP of Extension with American Society for Horticultural Science
- 2022-08-11 Oregon high school to get ARPA funds for a greenhouse project
- 2022-08-11 Certis Belchim acquires assets of New Zealand-Based Henry Manufacturing
- 2022-08-10 Shouguang, Shandong: the capital of vegetables in China
- 2022-08-10 “Developing varieties with resistances takes time but it’s an important role we play as plant breeders”
- 2022-08-10 Western Growers mourns the passing of Hank Giclas
- 2022-08-10 India: Yara Growth invests $50M in ag-fintech company
- 2022-08-10 All Florida pesticide exams now available online
- 2022-08-10 Call for research needs in aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- 2022-08-10 "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- 2022-08-10 Biobest steps up presence in Portugal with acquisition of Agronologica, changes name to Biobest Portugal
- 2022-08-10 4 case studies on monitoring and optimizing irrigation
- 2022-08-10 US (CA): Rotational fungicide approved for sale in CA
- 2022-08-10 New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
- 2022-08-10 "We consider every aspect of bell pepper cultivation to keep moving toward energy-neutral farming"
- 2022-08-10 Nova Siri Genetics research for strawberry cultivation
- 2022-08-09 US (ID): Syngenta debuts $15 million global vegetable seeds quality control lab