- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
Floriculture Sustainability Initiative starting to take shape
New officers have been appointed: Jeroen Oudheusden was confirmed as director in March and Caroline Le Grand will be taking up the communications for FSI. She has been working in that same capacity at Union Fleurs, one of the founding members of the FSI initiative. The main office of the Floriculture Sustainability Initiative has been established in Brussels, meanwhile.
Lots of essential sector stakeholders have already pledged their allegiance to the sustainability initiative. Aside from the initial 24 starting member organizations, Waterdrinker Aalsmeer, Chrysal International and relay service Euroflorist also recently expressed their willingness and signed up.
Kenyan industry association the Kenyan Flower Council organized a conference on sustainability at the recent IFTEX trade fair in Nairobi, in collaboration with FSI and Union Fleurs. The association subsequently also officially joined FSI.
Asocolflores - the Association of Colombian Flower Exporters – has also confirmed its participation in the initiative. The support and participation of both Kenya and Colombia was seen as key to the further development of the FSI as they represent an important segment in the worldwide flower trade.
The key goal of the initiative is to have 90% of the internationally traded flowers and pot plants sustainably produced by the year 2020.
A benchmark-like ‘Equivalency Tool’ is being developed in collaboration with GSCP and GLOBALGAP as well as the International Trade Center (ITC) to help assess the progress towards that goal.
Read all about the details of the Floriculture Sustainability Initiative over at http://www.fsi2020.com/en/
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-28 “We help companies across continents resolve disputes”
- 2023-09-28 CAN: Provincial government investing in infrastructure for vegetable production
- 2023-09-28 Primeur Fruit Attraction Edition now available to read online
- 2023-09-28 "By pooling our knowledge and networks in Spain and the Netherlands together, we are turning 1+1 into 3"
- 2023-09-28 ScottsMiracle-Gro announces executive team retirements and reorganization
- 2023-09-28 "Product availability is our biggest challenge by far"
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"
- 2023-09-27 Said El Ouakili joins KUBO as new Regional Sales Director
- 2023-09-27 Vivent receives new funding to expand market for 'wearables for plants'
- 2023-09-27 ISO appoints Martin Maasland as CEO
- 2023-09-27 Jordi Ferre joins Coolsan Australia’s mission to get more food to more mouths
- 2023-09-27 Developer of cultivation systems declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-27 May Chang elected as new Vineland Board Chair
- 2023-09-27 Infarm's Dutch branch declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-27 CAN (AB): “Geothermal energy will stabilize energy and retail prices throughout the year”
- 2023-09-26 "Our focus is on scaling up cost-effectively"
- 2023-09-26 Ridder celebrates 70 years
- 2023-09-25 Industry changemakers inspire business success
- 2023-09-25 Making sustainable choices in horticulture
- 2023-09-25 US (CA): Revamped USC Hotel Garden provides fresh produce to campus restaurants