- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
AU: growers call on Ausveg chair to resign
Bunny Bites which Brent co-owns, went into administration last month owing up to $10m to creditors the Weekly Times Now reports.
Andrew Moon, AusVeg member and chairman of Onions Australia said that growers did not feel that AugVeg could adequately represent the interests of farmers while Brent remained on the board.
"A large percentage of onion growers are also vegetable growers and have made complaints directly to Onions Australia,'' said Moon.
"It's all very smelly and I think he has lost the confidence of his grower base and should step down."
"How does a person hold down a position like that after something like this happens?"
"We need strong leaders in the horticulture industry, not just people who want a job, and I think John Brent has shown his true colours.''
The Courier Mail also reports that the appointed administrators, Robson Cotter Insolvency Group advised creditors that there could possibly be legal avenues to claim against the company’s directors as the business may be been trading while insolvent.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 New Delhi farmer turns to hydroponics, educates others nowadays
- 2023-09-29 Malaysia: Vanilla farm based on aquaponics, open for tours
- 2023-09-28 UAE: Emirati farmer who grows 4,000 pineapples annually says farming in the desert is easy
- 2023-09-27 Tide to table: growing salmon and leafy greens in America's Dairyland
- 2023-09-27 Maharashtra farmer feeds his entire tomato crop to his cows
- 2023-09-26 US (CO): Harvest season is in full swing in Southern Colorado
- 2023-09-26 6 years after Hurricane Maria, Puerto Rico residents and farms take recovery into their own hands
- 2023-09-26 First boxes of microgreens delivered to customers in Northern Norway
- 2023-09-21 US (MA): Lancaster refugee farm destroyed by flooding
- 2023-09-21 “Smaller growers are very, very isolated"
- 2023-09-19 Pure Harvest eyes further growth with $150m strategic Richel Group Partnership
- 2023-09-18 Spain: Japanese strawberry variety allows better market entry and brand growth
- 2023-09-18 Denmark: Nordic Greens opens automonous greenhouse
- 2023-09-18 US (OH): “There is really no prescription for this type of farming. We're still figuring out how to make it better"
- 2023-09-14 US (NY): Taking on the Eastcoast in phased expansion, raising another $10 million
- 2023-09-12 US (FL): Greenhouse, classrooms grow on John Rivers’ Packing District farm
- 2023-09-11 US (OR): Immigrant farmers grow hard-to-find pantry staples
- 2023-09-11 "Sales have been at constant levels since the middle of July"
- 2023-09-07 US (UT): Greenhouse farm cultivates community through hydroponics
- 2023-09-06 Kenya: Kirinyaga government supports tomato growers in building horti infrastructure