- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
- Sales Manager Citrus
Top 5 -yesterday
- New 15-acre greenhouse in Kentucky the first of three to be opened by Q4 2022
- “The climate in Sicily truly makes our tomatoes unique”
- China's first artificial intelligence 5G agricultural robot comes out
- Australian-based Provenance Propagation visits Boal Systems
- Automation and control are the main focus of the International Propagation Seminar
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- One of Sweden's largest tomato growers to stop cultivation during winter
- Wasabi grower discovering new greenhouse crops
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
- Drones fly through tomato rows in International Greenhouse Challenge
AU:Vegetable farms face carbon tax costs
ABARES executive director Paul Morris says there's only a marginal rise for power and fertiliser costs, of up to $3,000 per vegetable farm this financial year, and it will rise again the following in 2013-14.
"With some of the changes going on, with how the price of carbon will be implemented, that impact will increase up to between $1,200 per farm and $4,600 per farm."
But the peak vegetable industry body says the cost impost of the carbon tax is adding to a sector already stressed by high labour costs, fertiliser prices and supermarket duopoly.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-03-18 NSW floods kill millions of bees
- 2022-01-04 Lettuce ice means higher January markets likely
- 2021-10-26 Mixed grower-shipper reactions to California’s recent rains
- 2021-09-06 "You can tell it's not from a hothouse'
- 2021-07-02 Harvest of California chili peppers has kicked off
- 2021-06-25 EU and US pass climate laws
- 2021-04-29 Cow afloat
- 2021-04-06 Egypt, Ethiopia & Sudan set for more dam talks
- 2021-02-25 State-of-the-art lab is MU effort to raise awareness of the university’s first Black teacher
- 2021-02-23 Musical tribute to the Westland region now also on online streaming services
- 2021-01-28 LED project highlights the beauty of agriculture
- 2021-01-18 Inventor of pipe rail system Jaap Zegwaard passed away
- 2020-12-17 "I don’t think many people can comprehend the carnage which is about to ensue"
- 2020-11-20 A Filipino student invents solar windows made from rotten vegetables
- 2020-11-12 Telling children that carrots help them see in the dark ‘can damage them in later life’
- 2020-11-06 How the US election outcome may influence and impact policy for the produce industry
- 2020-11-04 First charter flight of Pacific Island workers lands in central Queensland
- 2020-11-03 "Involvement starts with the right communication"
- 2020-10-23 Ontario growers notice longer tubers during harvesting
- 2020-10-16 Florida growers optimistic about fall/winter growing season