- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
AU:Vegetable farms face carbon tax costs
ABARES executive director Paul Morris says there's only a marginal rise for power and fertiliser costs, of up to $3,000 per vegetable farm this financial year, and it will rise again the following in 2013-14.
"With some of the changes going on, with how the price of carbon will be implemented, that impact will increase up to between $1,200 per farm and $4,600 per farm."
But the peak vegetable industry body says the cost impost of the carbon tax is adding to a sector already stressed by high labour costs, fertiliser prices and supermarket duopoly.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-08 Non-woven fabric resistant to frost
- 2023-09-06 Corenthin (Felix) Chassouant new director of sales and business development at Harnois
- 2023-06-12 Agreement reached for the price of processing tomatoes in northern Italy
- 2023-05-09 North Dublin vegetable grower fears enormous tax bill after farm land was rezoned for housing
- 2023-04-13 "Modern farming techniques are now increasingly being used by Indian growers"
- 2023-04-03 Circular Carbon produces fully certified biochar from cocoa shells for horticulture and agriculture
- 2023-03-16 “Liniac zucchini: quality choice among open field crops”
- 2023-02-22 Significant desert region lettuce ice
- 2022-03-18 NSW floods kill millions of bees
- 2022-01-04 Lettuce ice means higher January markets likely
- 2021-10-26 Mixed grower-shipper reactions to California’s recent rains
- 2021-09-06 "You can tell it's not from a hothouse'
- 2021-07-02 Harvest of California chili peppers has kicked off
- 2021-06-25 EU and US pass climate laws
- 2021-04-29 Cow afloat
- 2021-04-06 Egypt, Ethiopia & Sudan set for more dam talks