- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- Market scan: Japan's modern greenhouse industry
- First bananas harvested from Dutch greenhouse
- "Better to have a larger pipe with a small pump than vice versa"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Australia: Getting growers export-ready
by Growcom CEO David Thomson
Funded by Hort Innovation, the project aims to increase Australian vegetable exports by supporting growers to capitalise on commercial business opportunities.
Export facilitators have been employed ‘on the ground’ in Queensland, WA and Tasmania as part of a network across Australia.
Growcom is proud to welcome Peter Hockings as an export facilitator for Queensland. He will work alongside the other facilitators to promote collaboration within the industry and provide links across the supply chain.
The facilitators’ work will assist in achieving the overarching objective of the Vegetable Industry Export Market Development Strategy of growing the value of vegetable exports by 40 per cent by 2020.
There is more opportunity now than ever before for Australian vegetable growers to become involved in export, especially with markets in Asia and the Middle East driving demand for fresh produce.
The perception of Australia as premium quality producer and our proximity to key markets puts us in a strong position in the international marketplace.
In addition to providing resources and extension support, the Export Facilitator Project will provide funding to assist export-ready growers in preparing export plans for their businesses.
The support offered will be tailored to individual businesses, both big and small, that are at different stages of development. Some businesses have a limited product range and seasonality. In these cases, the facilitators aim to connect growers and resources to create collaborative partnerships that will increase the chance of export success.
The Export Facilitator Project supports the delivery of the Vegetable Industry Export Market Development Strategy and the national Vegetable Export Development Program facilitated by the export Development team at AUSVEG.
Growcom welcomes the opportunities export has to offer as an alternative channel to domestic markets to improve business profitability. We are pleased to work closely with industry and other commodity groups to up-skill growers in horticulture and increase their negotiating power in the global marketplace.
For more information:
Primary Producers House
Level 3, 183 North Quay
Brisbane Qld 4000
PO Box 202
Fortitude Valley Qld 4006
p: 07 3620 3844
f: 07 3620 3880
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-11 The dream of a perfect climate
- 2018-11-28 CAN (ON): Fresh from the Farm grows food awareness and raises funds
- 2018-11-27 Jiffy reorganizes marketing department
- 2018-11-23 "Omni-channel retail is bad for produce brands ... currently"
- 2018-11-19 Isolcell in Bolzano to present its sanitizing and ethylene-reducing solutions
- 2018-11-15 European Commission makes available €191 million to promote agri-food products
- 2018-11-14 The 3 most important factors for a profitable farm
- 2018-11-06 Veggie butchers should be called ‘vegetable craftsmen’
- 2018-10-30 Kroger predicts 2019 food trends
- 2018-10-24 Fashion in the greenhouse
- 2018-10-24 How to sell produce to distributors
- 2018-10-24 Reducing post-harvest losses of tomatoes and romaine lettuce
- 2018-10-22 "Be transparent and tell your story"
- 2018-10-18 Spanish growers join forces to market Adora tomatoes
- 2018-10-17 €172 million to promote EU agri-food products in and outside the EU
- 2018-10-17 Organic specialty salad producer to launch new products at PMA
- 2018-10-15 Five lessons from the Australian strawberry needle crisis
- 2018-10-08 "Toss a tomato, win some dough"
- 2018-09-25 US (IL): Mobile farmers market makes fresh produce accessible and affordable
- 2018-09-21 US: Agtech company partners with podcast to launch educational series on soil health