- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- "Every time we are surprised by the ideas of our clients"
- Turkey: Tomato grower goes bananas
- It’s possible to grow more cucumbers via AI
- Digestate as alternative substrate for soil-less lettuce farming
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US (OR): Volcano Veggies packs 2 acres of food into 200 square feet
Groups of workers place starter plants into racks, and others pack the leafy greens in clear plastic boxes that will be on store shelves the same day.
This is aquaponics. Certified organic fresh veggies grow from the fertilizer created by cold-blooded fish — tilapia, gold fish and bass — who live in a climate-controlled environment all indoors, Shannon Sbarra said. The couple focuses on growing salad greens, basil and microgreens, but at some point plan on expanding to all manner of leafy greens, she said.
“Our system is extremely complicated to put everything together in a stable ecosystem like what we have,” Sbarra said. “There’s a steep learning curve. It’s been the classic entrepreneurship. But we’re focused on sustainable growth.”
She talked to The Bulletin about the business of aquaponics.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-13 The greenhouse that never should have been
- 2018-12-13 Nothing is wasted in this greenhouse restaurant
- 2018-12-13 CAN (SK): Herb grower talks about switch to marijuana
- 2018-12-13 US: English teacher returned from Korea to grow microgreens
- 2018-12-13 “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
- 2018-12-12 US (FL): Two UF/IFAS researchers inducted into AAAS
- 2018-12-12 Greenhouse farming offers lifeline for Zimbabwe’s unemployed
- 2018-12-12 US: From food safety training to audit day
- 2018-12-11 US: Sustainability grants available to small farms
- 2018-12-11 "Switching in one go was the right choice"
- 2018-12-10 Australia: Granite Belt grower group formed
- 2018-12-10 CAN (ON): Suntech says no to cannabis
- 2018-12-10 Israel: All about cost-efficiency in growing habanero peppers
- 2018-12-10 Syrian refugees harvest greenhouse vegetables in Turkey
- 2018-12-10 Strawberry growers unite to thank Australia
- 2018-12-07 Organic Grower Summit announces Grower of the Year award recipient
- 2018-12-07 "It became time to follow my dream
- 2018-12-06 Alberta greenhouse grower ready for the long cold winter
- 2018-12-06 Ohio greenhouses in full production this winter
- 2018-12-06 US (MA): Lettuce grower decreases crop cycle by 30%