- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- "Every time we are surprised by the ideas of our clients"
- Turkey: Tomato grower goes bananas
- It’s possible to grow more cucumbers via AI
- Digestate as alternative substrate for soil-less lettuce farming
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Why data is an essential nutrient for AeroFarms crops
Data increase inversely proportional to water usage
That imperative drove the well-backed startup’s partnership with information technology giant Dell. Two big projects are underway there, within the 70,000-square-foot facility that houses Aerofarms’ ninth indoor farming operation in Newark, New Jersey.
The first initiative uses sensors to track information at virtually every step of the growing process — from seeding to germination to growing to harvesting and packaging — and send it wirelessly to servers where it is closely analyzed. Aerofarms uses that information to improve taste, texture, color, yield and nutrition metrics for its crops, according to a case study published by the two companies.
More information on AeroFarms at the company's website.
Click here to read the full article at GreenBiz
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-05-31 "Algae time again!"
- 2018-05-30 "EU Commission proposal on water re-use "step in right direction"
- 2018-05-29 Efficient utilization of water in plants
- 2018-05-28 US (DE): Flooding, waterlogged soils, and effects on vegetable crops
- 2018-05-25 Large scale fresh water supply Low Netherlands step closer
- 2018-05-24 Saudi Arabia: Ministry shows interest in biosaline agriculture
- 2018-05-23 US (MI): Irrigation considerations for the small vegetable farm
- 2018-05-22 EU Aquaponics Association launched
- 2018-05-21 Spanish growers to master durable water and nutrient usage
- 2018-05-18 Video: Combining water reuse and aquifer storage and recovery
- 2018-05-17 Tank supplier catches the eye of the wastewater industry
- 2018-05-16 Podcast about water challenges
- 2018-05-15 Irrigation water quality and soil structural stability
- 2018-05-14 Data increase inversely proportional to water usage
- 2018-05-11 How much do they really need?
- 2018-05-10 US (CT): Growing with aquaponics at UConn
- 2018-05-09 "Increase outputs and keep irrigation lines clear"
- 2018-05-08 Innovative techniques for sustainable water use in crops
- 2018-05-07 It's all about irrigation at the International Sustainable Irrigation Expo
- 2018-05-03 "Spain: "More needs to be done with less water"