- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
- France: "Local cultivation is more than the right postal code"
- Machine locates fruits and measures level of ripeness
- Farm identified as source of romaine lettuce E. coli O157:H7 outbreak
- Indoor farming topic of discussion after Dutch farm bankruptcy
- CAN (ON): Aquaponic cannabis grower expands with two new facilities
Top 5 -last week
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- 2018 Winter Light Greenhouse harvest: 122 kg cucumbers per square meter
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
Top 5 -last month
Why the UAE's first vertical farm could be a regional game changer
There are good reasons for this: the federation of seven emirates is hampered by high temperatures, a lack of arable land, salty soil and steep production costs. And that is without accounting for the occasional voracious locust swarm.
So it is hardly surprising that the UAE imports nearly 90 percent of its food needs, according to the Abu Dhabi Global Environmental Data Initiative, a data research organization.
This reliance on the global food trade brings opportunity, said Saudi Arabian entrepreneur Omar Al Jundi, who has built the Middle East’s first commercial vertical farm in Dubai.
Click here to read the full article at Reuters
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-18 Lettuce from old coal mines
- 2018-12-17 "The crop is ready for the darkest period"
- 2018-12-12 Digestate as alternative substrate for soil-less lettuce farming
- 2018-12-10 Food & Energy training in South Africa
- 2018-12-06 "Think about how test results can be used to your advantage
- 2018-12-06 Austria: Vegetable harvest 2018 was significantly weaker
- 2018-12-05 Italy: the present and the future of the courgette
- 2018-12-04 Central Italy: Floods raise concerns about water stagnation
- 2018-12-03 South Italy: the effects of climate change on Italian produce
- 2018-11-29 "How you grow and process fresh cut basil will impact flavor and shelf life"
- 2018-11-22 Brazilian relative of the humble tomato is a true 'star'
- 2018-11-16 "Pepper grow trials using CO2 foliar spray technology show added value"
- 2018-11-16 Zimbabwe: Model horticulture farms in the pipeline
- 2018-11-16 "Cucumber cultivation in the future no longer feasible without lighting and further automation"
- 2018-11-15 Eye protection for indoor growers
- 2018-11-15 Spain: Aromatic and medicinal herbs, an alternative in irrigated areas
- 2018-11-15 US (NH): Pest and nutrient management in caterpillar tunnels
- 2018-11-13 The effects of water temperature in aquaponics
- 2018-11-06 Spectacular view of red peppers drying in the sun on military farms in Xinjiang
- 2018-11-06 Autumn strawberries production in Marche