- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- Market scan: Japan's modern greenhouse industry
- First bananas harvested from Dutch greenhouse
- "Better to have a larger pipe with a small pump than vice versa"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US (PA): Growers get up to speed with hydroponics
The Pittsburgh farmer is relatively new to hydroponics, and Butter Valley was offering some veteran tips during a teaching session organized by the Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture and Penn State Extension.
“I’ve been running my own (hydroponics) farm since August, and I’ve never been to a working farm, so I’m working through every learning curve as it comes up,” said Wilde, who farms butterhead lettuce. “I wanted to come here and talk to someone who’s been doing it for 10 years.”
Seeing Ryan Ehst’s hydroponic operation was an eye-opening experience.
“He’s got all these channels right up next to one another because he’s got these small crops,” Wilde said. “And that surprises me because I could be growing a lot more stuff in the same number of square feet.”
Wilde was one of about 20 people in attendance at the session. And while he may have traveled the farthest, his reason for attending was similar to everyone else’s: curiosity.
Read more at Lancaster Farming (Eric Hurlock)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-14 "The last planting got a boost this year"
- 2018-12-14 Ireland: Christmas campaign warns retailers against discounting fresh produce
- 2018-12-13 CAN (SK): Herb grower talks about switch to marijuana
- 2018-12-13 The greenhouse that never should have been
- 2018-12-13 Nothing is wasted in this greenhouse restaurant
- 2018-12-13 US: English teacher returned from Korea to grow microgreens
- 2018-12-13 “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
- 2018-12-12 US (FL): Two UF/IFAS researchers inducted into AAAS
- 2018-12-12 Greenhouse farming offers lifeline for Zimbabwe’s unemployed
- 2018-12-12 US: From food safety training to audit day
- 2018-12-11 US: Sustainability grants available to small farms
- 2018-12-11 "Switching in one go was the right choice"
- 2018-12-10 Australia: Granite Belt grower group formed
- 2018-12-10 CAN (ON): Suntech says no to cannabis
- 2018-12-10 Israel: All about cost-efficiency in growing habanero peppers
- 2018-12-10 Syrian refugees harvest greenhouse vegetables in Turkey
- 2018-12-10 Strawberry growers unite to thank Australia
- 2018-12-07 Organic Grower Summit announces Grower of the Year award recipient
- 2018-12-07 "It became time to follow my dream
- 2018-12-06 Alberta greenhouse grower ready for the long cold winter