- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- "Every time we are surprised by the ideas of our clients"
- Turkey: Tomato grower goes bananas
- It’s possible to grow more cucumbers via AI
- Digestate as alternative substrate for soil-less lettuce farming
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
More African farms turning to hydroponics
For anyone who cares about our resources, it’s not difficult to obtain research about the “carbon footprint” of food transportation and the many other ways in which we harm our environment through producing our food. It is clear that we cannot continue on the way we have always produced food.
NFT Hydro, as the manufacturers and suppliers of Hydroponic NFT Systems and equipment, has become a key part of this shift change in South Africa & Africa. We have seen a significant up-take in growing hydroponically from our South African urban farmers, rooftops growers in our cities and commercial farmers searching for alternative methods of farming to meet the demand for higher yield and the consumers’ concern for the environment.
These urban growers and emerging farmers in South Africa are able contribute to food security through the KHULA farmers App (meaning GROW) which allow farmers to list their produce and track real time inventory levels from emerging farmers as well as basic production forecasting. The App also includes a crowd-sourcing marketplace where farmers can satisfy market demand and incoming orders.
That being said, some of our African neighbours have been even quicker on the uptake of Hydroponics than South Africans, the vast majority of whom, not surprisingly, are women.
NFT Hydro export on a regular basis into Africa as well as the rest of the world, attesting to the quality of our products proudly manufactured here in South Africa.
For more information:
Tel: +27 (0)83 737 8602
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-12 "In Mexico, you do business with persons, not with companies"
- 2018-12-11 “Mergers raise concern in seed market”
- 2018-12-03 HM.Clause India holds first open day in Hyderabad region
- 2018-11-26 New cucumber varieties on the rise in Sweden
- 2018-11-20 Improving drainage conditions of blueberries
- 2018-11-19 ''Great development potential for novel lettuce variety Chicarita''
- 2018-11-13 UK: Vintage seed catalogues discovered
- 2018-11-13 Access to Seeds launches second Index
- 2018-11-07 "Unique tying system for three crops"
- 2018-11-01 "You can eat everything, from the rose to the stem"
- 2018-10-31 Grafting totally daylight-free tomato plants
- 2018-10-31 Expanding to six varieties and plenty of choice in each segment
- 2018-10-30 "Choosing between natural light and light deprivation"
- 2018-10-26 Dutch acreage starting material reaches record height
- 2018-10-25 Australia: "Increase in seed demand for cucumbers and tomatoes"
- 2018-10-18 Labour shortages, mountains of paperwork and uncertainty
- 2018-10-09 Canadian Greenhouse Conference '18: here's the recap
- 2018-10-09 "Importance of the propagation stage one of the biggest lessons learned"
- 2018-10-01 "Pyramid-shaped pots promotes excellent drainage"
- 2018-10-01 Niche event unites the seeds industry