- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- Market scan: Japan's modern greenhouse industry
- First bananas harvested from Dutch greenhouse
- "Better to have a larger pipe with a small pump than vice versa"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Indian gherkin growers meet market standards
All gherkins produced in India are produced for export, mainly to Europe and to the United States. Neo Food Private t Ltd is among the top four biggest gherkin exporters of the country. The company owns several production locations where they grow various Rijk Zwaan varieties. Vice president Mr. Sridhar Hebbar: “The gherkin market is very challenging and competitive. We need high quality seeds to meet the increasing demands from the West with regards to appearance and food safety. Several years ago, there was only one seed supplier, so Rijk Zwaan was a very welcome and necessary new player on the market. The seed quality has improved significantly since their arrival.”
Gherkins for the premium market
To develop high quality varieties for the Indian market, Rijk Zwaan can rely on its global network and expertise. “We already have extensive experience in the cultivation of gherkin due to our activities in Europe and Northern America”, Prasanna Damdahalli Gowda, Account Manager Gherkin at Rijk Zwaan India explains. “Combined with our local knowledge and local trials, we are able to develop varieties that are suitable for cultivation in India. As a result, we can offer our growers gherkin hybrids of consistent high quality with the necessary resistances. These varieties yield more first grade gherkins for the premium market and comply to the required environmental and food safety standards. Growing these varieties thus also contributes to the financial stability of the growers.”
On top of the game
High quality seeds are the start, but according to Mr. Sridhar Hebbar, success relies on making the right decision on the right time. “That’s why it is so important for us that Rijk Zwaan offers after sales service. They assist us throughout the entire process and really know us and the market. For me it’s very important to do business with a company that I can trust and that stays on top of the game. We’re looking forward to see what Rijk Zwaan has to offer us next.”
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-12 "In Mexico, you do business with persons, not with companies"
- 2018-12-11 “Mergers raise concern in seed market”
- 2018-12-03 HM.Clause India holds first open day in Hyderabad region
- 2018-11-26 New cucumber varieties on the rise in Sweden
- 2018-11-20 Improving drainage conditions of blueberries
- 2018-11-19 ''Great development potential for novel lettuce variety Chicarita''
- 2018-11-13 UK: Vintage seed catalogues discovered
- 2018-11-13 Access to Seeds launches second Index
- 2018-11-07 "Unique tying system for three crops"
- 2018-11-01 "You can eat everything, from the rose to the stem"
- 2018-10-31 Grafting totally daylight-free tomato plants
- 2018-10-31 Expanding to six varieties and plenty of choice in each segment
- 2018-10-30 "Choosing between natural light and light deprivation"
- 2018-10-26 Dutch acreage starting material reaches record height
- 2018-10-25 Australia: "Increase in seed demand for cucumbers and tomatoes"
- 2018-10-18 Labour shortages, mountains of paperwork and uncertainty
- 2018-10-09 Canadian Greenhouse Conference '18: here's the recap
- 2018-10-09 "Importance of the propagation stage one of the biggest lessons learned"
- 2018-10-01 "Pyramid-shaped pots promotes excellent drainage"
- 2018-10-01 Niche event unites the seeds industry