- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
- Bravo Sales and Administration Officer
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
Photo report: First edition HortEx Vietnam
Check out the photo report here
Avner Shohet of TAP (Teshuva Agricultural Projects) & 2B Fresh, helping the local market setting up hydroponic projects
A delegation of Australian vegetable growers and industry representatives recently attended the HortEx exhibition in Vietnam. The group was led by Michael Tran of the Western Victoria Vegetable Growers Association with the aim of looking at new developments, and also the potential for exporting Australian products into the developing Vietnamese market. The group also toured a number of farms in the Da Lat region after the exhibition to see first hand how the industry is placed to go forwards with the help of technology.
Visitors and exhibitors
The HortEx Vietnam united participants from over 20 countries worldwide and active either in floriculture or in (supplying) horticulture. From the suppliers part, the Netherlands and Italy were represented strongly. Of the floral participants, most were Taiwanese. The visitors of the exhibition originated from South-East Asian countries mainly: Cambodia, Thailand, Philippines, Taiwan, but also up to Korea, Australia, China, US and India.
Most suppliers participating in the show were pleased with the amount and level of visitors. Judging by the interest shown in their products, the market is promising to suppliers. "We have to see how it turns out, but the interest in our products is serious."
Frank Hermans & Luuk Runia (Asian Perlite / Greenhouse Solutions), together with Hans Belt & JP Papaioannou (30 MHz), checking out the opportunities for sensors in the market
Quiedan Company: design, manufacturing and distribution of greenhouse structures. 'Everything grows better with structure'
Both horticulture and floriculture in Vietnam and surrounding countries are scaling up currently. Due to a rising market demand, greenhouses are replacing open field production. Also the government has several development packages, including a VND100-trillion ($4.4 billion) one to develop hi-tech agriculture.
Check out the photo report here
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-17 Photo report HortiContact: Catching up in over 300 photos
- 2022-05-13 Protected Cropping Australia Conference a success despite heavy rains
- 2022-05-13 US: Horticulture lighting and learning event
- 2022-05-13 Indian delegation visits Volcani Institute of Israeli Ministry of Agriculture
- 2022-05-12 Difficult times bring new challenges to Dutch growers
- 2022-05-12 Hort Science Live to return in July
- 2022-05-12 Hort Connections 2022: Growing Together
- 2022-05-10 The fruit and vegetable sector restarts with in-person meetings
- 2022-05-10 Macfrut 2022: opinions and reflections expressed by some of the participants
- 2022-05-09 International events bring the Plant Empowerment principles to growers around the world
- 2022-05-05 Caspian Agro and InterFood Azerbaijan open their doors on May 18
- 2022-05-05 University of Florida 2022 Greenhouse Training Online courses
- 2022-05-05 "The Future of Farming and Food Processing – AI in Food- and Farm Automation"
- 2022-05-03 AMHPAC will hold its XIV annual convention
- 2022-05-02 Picture time: Technical suppliers find their way to GreenTech Americas
- 2022-05-02 Canadian Greenhouse Conference returns as in-person event
- 2022-05-02 IFPA Fresh Field Catalyst names winners
- 2022-05-02 Highlight NL horticulture in Horti Asia 2022 at Bangkok
- 2022-05-02 Ontario Fruit & Vegetable Convention elects new president and vice president
- 2022-05-02 King meets tomato innovation on King's Day in Maastricht